Sony 2400es Speaker Calibration

Pittodriered

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
Folks,

Is anybody able to explain in layman's terms and advise what's the best EQ choice to select once the speaker auto calibration has been run. There are 4 choices in the menu:

Full Flat

Engineer

Front Reference

Off

Thanks in advance

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Full Flat sets the equalisation to get the flattest possible frequency response from each speaker.

Engineer equalises the sound from all speakers to sound as close as possible to the reference sound in the listening room where Takashi Kanai, Sony's Chief Distinguished Engineer, does all his design and listening.

Front Reference adjusts the tonal balance of your speakers to match those of the front speakers in the system - handy if you have a mixed-brand speaker set-up, or very small speakers on the rear channels, for example.

Off turns off the EQ.

Which to choose? I'd say have a listen and pick the one that sounds best to you.

rzak

Nov 27, 2008
Visit site
Hello,

I have Sony 2400ES connected to Monitor Audio RS6 using a bi-amp connection and configuration. Connected to Speakers A. Nothing to speakers B

I just noticed when I press button to Speakers B sound continues to come from my speakers !! Is it normal? Why is it happening?

Thanks

rzak said:
Hello,

I have Sony 2400ES connected to Monitor Audio RS6 using a bi-amp connection and configuration. Connected to Speakers A. Nothing to speakers B

I just noticed when I press button to Speakers B sound continues to come from my speakers !! Is it normal? Why is it happening?

Thanks

This thread is seven years old however I suggest its something to do with whatever you call 'bi-amp' connection. As far as I am aware you cannot bi-amp with a single amplifier. Forget this and run them single wired.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts