Sony 200 Hz

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I recently purchased the Sony KDL 40 Z 550 (middle eastern model). Slim black frame and speakers hidden from view. This 200 Hz business seems to be the hoax of the century. While watching SD broadcasts, (was watching tennis) I played around with the Hertz settings. Even a blind person would be able to notice that its better switched off completely. In fact, set to its maximum (200 Hz), the image smearing is most awful indeed, with the tennis ball making a trail just like a comet. When I play games on PS3, once again the 200 Hz setting makes everything flicker like crazy. When its off, its perfect. In fact, this super duper 200Hz phenomena seems to aggravate the problem and not resolve or lessen it. I was wondering if anyone came to the same conclusions or is it just me?

A

Anonymous

hmmm ?? sonys motionflow is said to be very good , whfi always say they are impressed with it , doesnt make sense ....

jc.com

Jun 8, 2009
Visit site
Our local Sony Centre has on demo currently 3 screens (50/100/200Hz) fed with the same video stream. 200Hz always looks the most impressive, able to follow fast moving stuff etc.. I know they're not likely to show something that doesn't show the 200hz to be the best, but I find it difficult to imagine the smearing mentioned by the OP having seen this demo.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts