A

Anonymous

Gorgeous construction, superbly controlled midrange, the sweetest
treble I have ever heard (even better than the SF Auditor M in my
opinion). Perfect for small spaces which is why I bought them. Might
not be expansive enough if your room is very large. Front ported but
still need something like 45 cm from the rear wall. Can't think of
anything better at the price (I got rid of my BW805S - which are more
expensive- but which I found far too harsh and difficult to drive).
Only limitation is in the base department, if you're a rocker don't buy
them. I listen to mainly jazz and classical chamber music - a long
journey through speakers brought me to these and I 've no inclination
to change. I paid 1600Euro in France and brought them over in the
ferry. Don't know what you'll pay over here. Matching stands are top
class (tight screw fit and gentle reverse tilt) but quite pricey I
think (the deal I got was all in). Incidentally, in the store I
compared them with the Concerto domus at a multiple of the price, and
found the concertinos much more controlled in the higher ranges. A REL
subwoofer filled in all the low-down gaps but ultimately I decided I
didn't need it (will depend on your musical tastes I guess). SF make
their own matching subwoofer which I though were quite unreasonable (much more costly than the concertinos themselves!). Also compared these to
MA platinum 100 which didn't even come close.

A

Anonymous

I've heard the Concerto Domus and thought the midrange and treble was sublime. It was on a single-ended valve amp though. Not tried the smaller Concertinos as my search for such a speaker stopped when Spendor introduced the SA1; you must audition the SA1 if you're after midrange and treble as they really do impress for the price. You may or may not wish to add a sub later but to be honest you don't really miss the low stuff with these. Hifi+ have just reviewed them and fell for them too. They just keep on giving no matter how good the source kit...apparently...

A

Anonymous

Cheers for your message. I am actually in Italy where they cost ?850. I imagine you have the black piano gloss ones which the shop told me cost more (over?1000 anyway) and I know the stands are dear which must have racked it up to the amount you paid. We seem to be on the same wavelength going by your comments and I am very tempted to go and demo them trading in my aggressive/bright quad 12Ls.

They look gorgeous don't they. I have a 3.5 MF set up of amp and cd player btw. cheers again.

lkev:Gorgeous construction, superbly controlled midrange, the sweetest treble I have ever heard (even better than the SF Auditor M in my opinion). Perfect for small spaces which is why I bought them. Might not be expansive enough if your room is very large. Front ported but still need something like 45 cm from the rear wall. Can't think of anything better at the price (I got rid of my BW805S - which are more expensive- but which I found far too harsh and difficult to drive). Only limitation is in the base department, if you're a rocker don't buy them. I listen to mainly jazz and classical chamber music - a long journey through speakers brought me to these and I 've no inclination to change. I paid 1600Euro in France and brought them over in the ferry. Don't know what you'll pay over here. Matching stands are top class (tight screw fit and gentle reverse tilt) but quite pricey I think (the deal I got was all in). Incidentally, in the store I compared them with the Concerto domus at a multiple of the price, and found the concertinos much more controlled in the higher ranges. A REL subwoofer filled in all the low-down gaps but ultimately I decided I didn't need it (will depend on your musical tastes I guess). SF make their own matching subwoofer which I though were quite unreasonable (much more costly than the concertinos themselves!). Also compared these to MA platinum 100 which didn't even come close.

A

Anonymous

Cheers for your message. I know Spendor are a speaker I'd like, especially the S3/5se and the model you have, but there are no stockists near me. Unfortunate. So, I am tempted by the Sf route.

I am looking for that sound which is airy but not bright and real but not manufactured which I think the Sf will be as yours are.

LS5 igglebert:I've heard the Concerto Domus and thought the midrange and treble was sublime. It was on a single-ended valve amp though. Not tried the smaller Concertinos as my search for such a speaker stopped when Spendor introduced the SA1; you must audition the SA1 if you're after midrange and treble as they really do impress for the price. You may or may not wish to add a sub later but to be honest you don't really miss the low stuff with these. Hifi+ have just reviewed them and fell for them too. They just keep on giving no matter how good the source kit...apparently...

A

Anonymous

I might sprint at this point but I've got a bit of a cold but anyway I'll be sure to let you know.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts