andywscott

Oct 15, 2007
Visit site
Sonos ZonePlayer S5 has anyone got one of these or has it been reviewed anywhere as i'm interested in going down this road for my music I tried to put my itunes onto my linkstation live 1TB network drive but it seemed to time out and not copy all of my itunes onto it any ideas anyone

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
We had many positive responses about the S5 at our open day on Saturday - a few people purchased them there and then, some have since rang to order to add to their current Sonos systems. Obviously not something you'd use as a main system, but as a secondary zone in smaller rooms/bedrooms etc, a great addition to the Sonos range.

A

Anonymous

Great to hear the Sonos S5 has been/is being reviewed (proofed? ;-) ). I'm pondering between the S5 and one of the Squeezebox offering, maybe that newest Touch one. I want an wireless "all-in-one" system that'll connect (wirelessly ideally) to a NAS drive.

Which one of the 2 system sounds better in your opinion? I wasn't disappointed at all by the S5 which I manage to check out last week, but I'm not sure it's going to be that easy to try first-hand a SB set-up in any high street shop. Ta.

A

Anonymous

JohnDuncan:Tshat was so going to happen wasn't it.

Well, currently living in a micro-flat with 80% of our CD collection in storage doesn't make for happy days music-wise. I think I'll start with a NAS to work along the DacMagic and Airport Express (assuming that iTunes will read the files off the NAS easily since I'll be using my laptop for that). Then once I've made up my mind between the S5 or the Squeezebox, I will get rid of my passive speakers and amp in due time.

I'm not 100% happy with my current set-up. I hope that when the speakers come back from service the whole system will be sound a little better but I am under no illusion that it is still not the kind of sound I'm after. The speakers are definitely showing their age I fear. I also want a "simpler" system and less boxes so that my other half can use the system and listen to some tunes when I'm not around. I do want a hifi system though, I might just have to wait a little bit longer for it.

A

Anonymous

Depends If the zone player (in your case the S5) is going to be plugged into your wireless router then no. That what I have S5 in the study plugged into the modem/router Z120 in the kitchen Z90 in the living room.

If you want the S5 in a room other than where the router is then yes you'll need a zone bridge.

scene

I am now the proud owner of an S5 (well to be accurate 3 of them) and after 24 hours I can say that I love it! Set up was a doodle and I've already started listening to music I haven't listened to for ages. I've got a ZoneBridge because my router is in my study. If you can wire your S5 into your router, this is unnecessary. I use my iPad to control things, using the iPhone app, and it's a great app, but the iPad version looks better and I can't wait for it.
The quality of sound, combined with ease of use and setup makes for a great package. Price is slightly on the steep side, but it's a premium price for a premium product
emotion-21.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts