Sonos - So simple

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

sweety7272

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Couldn't agree more with this thread!

Just yesterday the missus said "everyone will have sonos one day!". It's my most life changing product of the century so far at any rate.

Love the simplicity, sound quality and the fact I can now get R4 in the kitched despite being in the FM/DAB equivalent of a black hole.

andywscott

Oct 15, 2007
Visit site
I got the S5 starter pack at Christmas and it was easy to set up although I have a question would I be better with the zonebridge plugged directly into the router as I have it plugged into a network hub in another room feeding from a BT powerline adaptor but the network has started to drop out over the last few days would it be best going straight into the router ?

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
andywscott:I got the S5 starter pack at Christmas and it was easy to set up although I have a question would I be better with the zonebridge plugged directly into the router as I have it plugged into a network hub in another room feeding from a BT powerline adaptor but the network has started to drop out over the last few days would it be best going straight into the router ?

Given you already know that the problem is due to your faulty powerline adaptors (or possibly that your mains circuits aren't suitable for use with those adaptors), you don't have too many options.

It will depend how far away the zonebridge and the S5 will be and how thick the walls are between them but until you sort out the other problems with your network is the only other thing you can try.

andywscott

Oct 15, 2007
Visit site
Will plug the zonebridge into the router tonight and try. Its strange about the powerline adaptors as they have worked since bt vision came out and now it doesn't seem to work in the socket behind the tv where it has been for about 3 years wiring should be fine whole house was rewired 9 years ago and all new wiring 3 years ago in the extension was thinking it might just be the powerline adaptors bt are using.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts