Sonos Connect Amp

fibreopticjesus

Oct 17, 2007
Visit site
I don't know what happened there :oops: but this is what my request was.

I have a just upgraded my system to NaimUniti2 and Kef R500's..stunning. But I still love my AE Aegis 1's that I brought in the early 2000's. I have thought of using them in the dining room linked up to my Sonos system but I am baulking at paying £400 for the Sonos Connect Amp. (Same goes for paying £280 for the Connect which I was going to link up to my Uniti2) Has anybody got any ideas on how I can connect to the sonos via a cheaper method to my little babies?

Mattan

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
I think the lack of replies says it all!! If you've already gone down the Sonos route, then you'll need to buy the Sonos products to control them as a single set.

The only other option you have is to use a device from another manufacturer (e.g. Pure's A2) to connect up your amp/speakers, but this will have to be controlled separately.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
fibreopticjesus said:
I don't know what happened there :oops: but this is what my request was.

Seems to be common for first posts in new threads, never happened to me though.

I have a just upgraded my system to NaimUniti2 and Kef R500's..stunning. But I still love my AE Aegis 1's that I brought in the early 2000's. I have thought of using them in the dining room linked up to my Sonos system but I am baulking at paying £400 for the Sonos Connect Amp. (Same goes for paying £280 for the Connect which I was going to link up to my Uniti2) Has anybody got any ideas on how I can connect to the sonos via a cheaper method to my little babies?

If you're not prepared to buy a Connect:Amp or a Connect to use with a different amplifier then no, there is no other way of using your AEs with Sonos.

You could always try getting a ZP100 off eBay or something, they seem to be going for a variety of prices but of course they're getting on a bit now and you'll have no guarantees.

skippy

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
The only other way is to buy a cheap Amp (or AV amp) and run one of the other outputs from your Sonos to that amp via coax or optical cable.

It won't be give you the full multiroom option as whatever's playing on your uniti will be playing on your dining room, but it's another option.

Have seen AV amps on richer sounds for 100 quid.

skippy

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
skippy said:
The only other way is to buy a cheap Amp (or AV amp) and run one of the other outputs from your Sonos to that amp via coax or optical cable.

It won't be give you the full multiroom option as whatever's playing on your uniti will be playing on your dining room, but it's another option.

Have seen AV amps on richer sounds for 100 quid.

Got my wires well and truly crossed. Some reason I was thinking the uniti was the nait.

On 2nd reading I take it your sonos is not a connect and one of the play models. TheLhc is quite right in his suggestions.

Sorry for any confusion.

TRENDING THREADS