Sonos CEO defends app redesign as a "better experience" but admits failure to communicate

BanquoStarbon

May 20, 2022
Visit site
The app has thousands of 1 star reviews on both android and iOS since they updated the app. I use it myself and the negative reviews are justified. People move to Sonos from home theatre set ups etc and they really don’t appreciate being treated like simpletons. The CEO is out of touch.

Reactions: manicm

Ataripower

Apr 14, 2022
Visit site
So dissapointing from Sonos and they are so disconnected from their clients. The app update is a disaster and I'm in the process of ditching them after 15 years because of it. This may be one of the greatest examples of a company breaking what was working well. So much goodwill eroded. If I was an investor in this firm, I'd be furious with the board.

cobraBLACK

Apr 8, 2021
Visit site
The app has needed a proper redesign for a long time, even just to keep up with DSP apps. Luckily nothing broke for me I just didn't like the missing widgets, no local search, etc. so I reinstalled the old version. I can understand the need for a certain amount of standardisation but I hate the way modern phone apps force layouts/features on you - if I'm paying for a product I want to use it the way I want to use it. That is why I have an Android. At least there was a bit of customisation in the new Sonos app, despite Sonos Radio being forced.

TRENDING THREADS