Some files not showing on BDP 790

bignallm

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
Hi all,

am currently experiencing problem with files showing on a Seagate 1TB hard drive when plugged into my Sony BDP 790 but these files show when the same hard drive is plugged into my computer absolutely fine.

I am also having same issue with a 750GB hard drive I am using as a back up drive so it should show (or not show) the same files but it seems to be showing different files if that makes any sense.

Both drives were formatted using FAT32.

I have gone into WIndows 7 and unchecked archive on file properties and selected show hidden folders and files to try and rectify this issue but still some files dont show!!!!!!!

Can anyone point me in the right direction please.

p.s. I have converted any files that the DVD player does not recognise into MP4 or MKV and they all work absolutely fine . . .its just the 'missing' files that are causing me an issue so not sure if a hard drive or a blu ray issue. Oh and to add when I use a 32 or 64GB usb stick the dvd player sees all files

f1only

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
The FAT32 file system has size limits. In the Windows Vista & 7 versions, I believe you cannot create a FAT32 partition larger than 32GB & you cant store a file greater than 4GB on a FAT32 partition. So you will either have to create multiple partitions of 32GB to get you required result. Or another option to get around this is partition the drive with one partition as NTFS, and up to four other as FAT32 partitions & keep the FAT32 ones below 120GB to be on the safe side.

I'm sure someone will correct me if i'm wrong.

Regards ..Paul

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts