some advice please

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi chaps , Since i bought the KHT3000SE package from a dealer back in 2008 i thought it was ultimate and it will last for a lifetime.That was far from truth.Now im a fan of coax driver array , while its kinda superb for watching movies im not so happy with the music performance and now im yearning for a 2.2 sytem in my medium to largish listening/lounge room. Here r the components i wish to use after reading tons of topics and reviews , need to ask some questions since im a amateur and im @ the limits of my understanding so advices are welcome :). Paradigm * Reference SUB12 x2 - read nothing but good things about these beautiesBryston * 10B-SUB Active Stereo Xover PMC * TB2S-AII - cant demo them, in reviews they seem delicious Benchmark * DAC1 HDR - seems like a solid choice 1. 30cm cone area on the paradigm subs 17cm on the PMC's do they phsically related to each other in order to get seamless integration? 2. do i have a another choice instead of Bryston 10B-SUB its very very expensive 3. PMC's seems like solid choice but cant demo them so i have to trust reviwers do you have any experience with them if u do what are your thoughts. 4. I may wait for the new kef r300 to reviewed moo better if i can hear them or may be the new GX100 from monitor audio that ribbon tweeters are tempting if so which power amplification to go with them?Thanks for reading =)

Hi chaps ,
Since i bought the KHT3000SE package from a dealer back in 2008 i thought it was ultimate and it will last for a lifetime.That was far from truth.Now im a fan of coax driver array , while its kinda superb for watching movies im not so happy with the music performance and now im yearning for a 2.2 sytem in my medium to largish listening/lounge room. Here r the components i wish to use after reading tons of topics and reviews , need to ask some questions since im a amateur and im @ the limits of my understanding so advices are welcome :).

Paradigm * Reference SUB12 x2 - read nothing but good things about these beauties

Bryston * 10B-SUB Active Stereo Xover

PMC * TB2S-AII - cant demo them, in reviews they seem delicious

Benchmark * DAC1 HDR - seems like a solid choice
1. 30cm cone area on the paradigm subs 17cm on the PMC's do they phsically related to each other in order to get seamless integration?
2. do i have a another choice instead of Bryston 10B-SUB its very very expensive
3. PMC's seems like solid choice but cant demo them so i have to trust reviwers do you have any experience with them if u do what are your thoughts?
4. I may wait for the new kef r300 to reviewed moo better if i can hear them or may be the new GX100 from monitor audio that ribbon tweeters are tempting if so which power amplification to go with them?
Thanks for reading =)

jaxwired

Feb 7, 2009
Visit site
As you can see from sig, I like the products you have selected. I think this would be a great system. No, not great, superb. I have tried the DAC1 HDR and loved it. The alps potentiometer is an amazing piece of engineering. I think the active PMC's are also fantastic.

The sub is unfamiliar to me. The only thing I would say about the sub is that I would not buy a sub for music unless it had an integrated equalizer and a automatic room analyzer built in. Some subs come with a mic and send out a series of sweep tones and then auto set the equalizer to flatten the room response at the listening position. This is the only type of sub I would use for a 2 channel music system. Without a built in equalizer, a sub is too hard to cleanly integrate with the main speakers and will almost always sound lumpy and slow, not to mention the sound will be localized to the sub box which you do not want. The other thing I would say about buying a sub is that I think you are better off with a sealed box and a smaller woofer. The PMCs are detailed and speedy. You want a sub that matches this. I personally would be looking for a sealed box with a 8" woofer or 10" at the very max. Velodynes DD series or Optimum series are both great.

Good luck!

TRENDING THREADS