So who won the Onkyo?

FoxJA

Aug 28, 2007
Visit site
Probably one of the 1 post wonders - if you can't contact them you could save time and send me the winning email - i'll answer straight away :eek:)

A

Anonymous

My mate entered and they are on holiday! Getting jealous already!

A

Anonymous

So how long do they have to respond, before you can draw again Andrew?

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
For the reason GarethG points out above, some time will elapse...

EDIT: Just checked my email and the winner has now contacted us, having been away for a long weekend.

So congrats to forum member jameseagibson, winner of a shiny new Onkyo TX-SR875

A

Anonymous

Can you guess how many posts he's made?

Big grins all round.

A

Anonymous

I know. And I really could have used that amp. Grrrr. D'Oh.

Tell you what though, I am in a bit of a quandry. Krime, maybe you can help me out?

You can see from below, the kit I have. I'd like to add an HD player but which one? Problem is simple. Audio.

I can take analogue inputs in 6 channel or 8 channel in. But I can't process the new codecs in my amp. They need to be done in the player.

I could buy a PS3 but then it doesn't have any audio outputs other than, HDMI (no good to me) or Optical downmixed to Dolby Digital.

So, do I buy a PS3 and suffer optical digital sound. Or buy a full deck and replace my DVD/CD player with it.

If I go this last route, which single box will play my DVDs, CDs and something HD in fab quality?

D.J.KRIME

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
I am hanging on to see what the Samsung dual Hd player is like first. I have the same issues as you in that my amp is not equiped with HDMI but even if it were this would be useless as it would not be HDMI1.3a so my only route is via 7.1 inputs and leave the decodeing to the player, not only that non of the current BLU-RAY players are profile 1.1 compliant as where the Samsung is set to be and atleast with a hybrid player you can hedge your bets in the HD format war.

yiannis550

Jul 14, 2007
Visit site
I think I probably needed that Onkyo more than any! The reason is that I am struggling to convince my wife to buy one because a)it is £1000 and b)"that is a huge ugly thing!"

So if I had won it, then there is no convincing work to do :(

Can we have another quiz with the same prize please? Pleeaase? :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts