So many CD players... which to pick?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

[quote user="MichaelS"]

HI Folks

Im new on this forum. Looking for some advice - I have a Niam integrated Nait amp and i had a marantz cd63 for at least 10 years (superb piece of kit at that price), but i would like to upgrade the cd player to complement the Naim amp.

I am happy to spend between £1000 to £20000 (if the player was worth the price) and i have been directed towards a LINN Magik (approx £2000) and a Naim CDi (approx £15000).

Any advice which to buy to complement my amp or any other brand that i havent considered.

Thanks

Michael

[/quote]

Whooooaaaaaa......look at all those 00000000's

T

the record spot

You just know Clare's going to post something when she sees that....!

tenerifediver

Sep 29, 2008
Visit site
Hi Andy

Bothering you again here!

With AE Aegis 3's, Myriad Z140 and my elderly but still good Arcam Alpha 7SE and decent leads/interconnects, I am getting more baffled about my own cdp choice!

CD6se now appears to some as bright and too forward. Rega Apollo has operational problems (?) etc etc.

Do you think the CA 840C might suit me? Rock/classical and precious little else is my fare!

Thanks again

Tenerifediver

batonwielder

May 13, 2008
Visit site
Damien Buckley:After a 2 hour listening marathon (hooked up to RS6's in the store, same as mine!) I settled on the CA740C - phenomenal player. Its leaps and bounds ahead of the other players (including the 640C) in terms of separation and soundstage, amazing piece of kit. Thanks Thaiman - good call.
Got it for a great price too - A$1180, within $30 of the UK price at todays not very attractive conversion rate - unlike the silly price they wanted for Cyrus players over here (A$3,100 or about £1,337 for a CD8x).

Anyone got a suggestion for a good interconnect?

Congratulations on your new purchase. I hate to inform you though, assuming that you are in the States, there's a massive sale going on all of the CA stuff. It's basically $200 off list. Go bug your dealer about it!ÿ

A

Anonymous

It also rocked with Creedence

Everthing rocks with the creedence!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts