so how much did you spend in 2013 on music?

lpv

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
are you in the situation where all your plans to upgrade your hi fi gone because you've spend all the money to buy music?

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
lpv said:
are you in the situation where all your plans to upgrade your hi fi gone because you've spend all the money to buy music?

£119.88, exactly...... :rockout:

All my upgrade plans have been put on hold because mrs DDC is organising a whale watching trip in the new year. Will not be cheap.

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
davedotco said:
lpv said:

£119.88, exactly...... :rockout:

All my upgrade plans have been put on hold because mrs DDC is organising a whale watching trip in the new year. Will not be cheap.

Yes Scotlands a long way :)

Have not spent much this year about £50 as have most of the albums I want on cd, most of my listening now is via Deezer or Spotify.

Electro

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
I am not sure exactly but about £400 .

If each of the Cd's in my collection cost an average of £7 then I have spent over £12,000 on my Cd collection :O

I need to find a cheaper hobby :)

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
Electro said:

If each of the Cd's in my collection cost an average of £7 then I have spent over £12,000 on my Cd collection :O

Wow! How many do you still play? I ahve found about 50% of mine I never play anymore thats one reason I don't buy many now.

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
davedotco said:
BigH said:
davedotco said:
John Duncan said:
£142.98.

£120 on Spotify, £7.99 on the Civil Wars CD and £14.99 on Moving Pictures Bluray 24/96.

You were done........!

Spotify premium is £119.88.

Deezer is £60 you were both done.

Deezer is no good to me, not antwhere near enough 'Dead.

No 'Download Series', 'Dicks Picks' etc.

Not sure I understand you correctly, if you mean Grafeful Dead then they do have about 60 GD albums and many **** Picks as well, not sure about Downloads. Yes I agree the album choice is not quite so wide, no Led Zepp for instance.

Electro

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
BigH said:
Electro said:

Wow! How many do you still play? I ahve found about 50% of mine I never play anymore thats one reason I don't buy many now.

These are the ones I play regularly but I have more stored in cupboards :)

p2030260.jpg

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
BigH said:
davedotco said:
BigH said:
davedotco said:
John Duncan said:
£142.98.

£120 on Spotify, £7.99 on the Civil Wars CD and £14.99 on Moving Pictures Bluray 24/96.

You were done........!

Not sure I understand you correctly, if you mean Grafeful Dead then they do have about 60 GD albums and many **** Picks as well, not sure about Downloads. Yes I agree the album choice is not quite so wide, no Led Zepp for instance.

Interesting, last time I looked there were very few 'Dead albums, will take another look now. Download series are just a series of live recordings, better than average quality though.

The deezer website quotes $9.99 for premium, a little more than £60 but not much. If you have got 5 minutes or so to summarize the options and what you get from a user point of view I would be grateful.

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
davedotco said:
BigH said:
davedotco said:
BigH said:
davedotco said:
John Duncan said:
£142.98.

You were done........!

Interesting, last time I looked there were very few 'Dead albums, will take another look now. Download series are just a series of live recordings, better than average quality though.

The deezer website quotes $9.99 for premium, a little more than £60 but not much. If you have got 5 minutes or so to summarize the options and what you get from a user point of view I would be grateful.

Well there were offering £5 a month a few weeks ago. They do have some downloads as well.

letsavit2

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
Electro said:
BigH said:
Electro said:

These are the ones I play regularly but I have more stored in cupboards :)

p2030260.jpg

love seeing a nice tangible music collection, much cooler than a memory stick!

letsavit2

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
About a cd a week and a record a month whatever's that's works out to.

My music collection is forever, my hifi is a bit like "triggers broom"

Linear

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
Aquired an LP12 this year, my first turn table, so started a vinyl collection from scratch, spent more than i care to think about, around 100 LP's.

fr0g

Jan 7, 2008
Visit site
Approx £120 Spotify

£35 12 months Music Unlimited.

1 CD (BoC)

About 10 downloaded albums from Boomkat at around £8 each

So about £250

Pre Spotify that would have been at least 1 or 2 CDs per week so probably £600 or more.

craig84

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
About £170 on CDs from Amazon which I also get the free mp3 download. I have a 2000 + strong vinyl collection from my drum n bass djing days , they will always be with me whether I have a record player or not

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
As part of my £119.88 I have spend the last few hours listening to Grateful Dead live in Mineapolis in 1969.

Followed by some vintage King Tubby........

Neuphonix

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
An absolute tuck load.

Since I've had my new system set up I've been branching out and discovering lot's of new sounds & styles.

After all, ultimately that's what this thing is all about. :)

TRENDING THREADS