So apparently the new Oppo 203 4K Blu Ray player could cost £699-£750!

• Thread starter Deleted member 2457
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2457

regular_smile.gif

Q5

Oct 2, 2015
Visit site

And your evidence.

This states it has been confirmed at £599

https://www.idealav.co.uk/product/oppo-bd-uhd-203-4k-uhd-player/

D

Deleted member 2457

Q5 said:

And your evidence.

This states it has been confirmed at £599

https://www.idealav.co.uk/product/oppo-bd-uhd-203-4k-uhd-player/
On the phone with Hifi Lounge who said Oppo have just upped the price, who they were on the phone with yesterday.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
Oppo seem to like to keep pricing stable throughout a product's lifetime, so I'm wondering if they're taking into account any future additions, so that existing owners don't have to pay any additional fees. I know there's been price comparisons against other countries, but those countries might end up having to charge for certain upgrades/updates.

D

Deleted member 2457

davidf said:
Oppo seem to like to keep pricing stable throughout a product's lifetime, so I'm wondering if they're taking into account any future additions, so that existing owners don't have to pay any additional fees. I know there's been price comparisons against other countries, but those countries might end up having to charge for certain upgrades/updates.
Yep, there was talk on AVForums about the price increase before I ever posted on there.

D

Deleted member 2457

One guy on AV was saying about the cost of Dolby Vision.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
At this stage, nobody knows anything, so anything that is posted (like over on AVF) is total make believe, or complete fabrication. The worst thing about it are the price based individuals with their stone cold opinions being presented as facts.

abacus

davidf said:
At this stage, nobody knows anything, so anything that is posted (like over on AVF) is total make believe, or complete fabrication. The worst thing about it are the price based individuals with their stone cold opinions being presented as facts.

Manufactures give dealers and reviewers an estimated release price on the understanding that it is not promoted as fact, whereas potential buyers get their information from dealers, but in a lot of cases (As their enthusiasm takes over) they forget to mention that it is only an estimated price.

Until a product is officially released the exact price will be unknown.

Hope this helps

Bill

D

Deleted member 2457

Just bought two tickets to see Guns n Roses live instead! *clapping*

D

Deleted member 2457

jjbomber said:
gel said:
Just bought two tickets to see Guns n Roses live instead! *clapping*

Two??? So now you have multiple personality disorder!
Yeah, didn't you know? One for me and one for my brother in law.

Benedict_Arnold

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
I suspect Oppo will decide on their UK price depending on the mid to long term outlook on the value of the pound vs the Dollar and the Yen, not to mention what Samsung, Panasonic, etc. do with their pricing - and prices have been falling consistently here after the "early adopter" market was satisfied.

The Pound is still down at $1.26, vs. the $1.56 it was at before the Brexit thing, nearly a 25% drop in its value. QED the US / Japanese manufacturers will need more Pounds to get the same number of Dollars (or Yen).

I expect the Oppo unit will cost somewhere around US$700 plus tax when it hits the shelves here. Whether Oppo likes it or not, it still has to compete with the Samsung and Panasonic alternatives, now heavily discounted (the Samung is down to $200 at bestbuy). At $1.26 to the Pound, US$700 is 700/1.26 = GBP555.56 plus VAT, total GBP666.67 or, more likely GBP699.99.

If it doesn't hit the shelves here in the US in the next week or so, Oppo will have missed the pre-Chrimbo stampedes at Bestbuy, so they will probably wait until after the Superbowl (for which people often go out an buy big new TVs - this year 4K ones) and the post Superbowl pay checks at the end of January.

Watch this space....

jjbomber

Benedict_Arnold said:
The Pound is still down at $1.26, vs. the $1.56 it was at before the Brexit thing, nearly a 25% drop in its value. QED the US / Japanese manufacturers will need more Pounds to get the same number of Dollars (or Yen).

The pound hasn't been $1.56 all year. In fact it was at $1.38 back in Feb, so $1.26 is less than 10%. Of course Brexit must be blamed for everything bad. It will never happen as too many politicians will lose too many bribes, but it's fun while it lasts.

D

Deleted member 2457

I have still got my pre-order in and I am not totally against cancelling it but at the most it would've to be £600, as I am not paying anymore. I have got a bit more money now so I am able to splash the cash a bit.

I was hoping to pay £550 if I am being honest but that seems totally out of the question now!

jjbomber

Andy Clough said:
We are seeing on average 5-10% price increases coming through from quite a few manufacturers since the drop in the value of Sterling.

But are British manufacturers dropping their prices in the rest of the World to reflect this? (no). When the pound recovers, will manufacturers drop their prices? (No). Did manufactureres also put their prices up in 2015, 2014, 2013? (Yes). Is Bexit just an excuse for excess profiteering? (Yes).

D

Deleted member 2457

I see B&W headphones coming down in price but their speakers increasing in value.

TRENDING THREADS