Small streamer to go marantz 6006 amp

weesack

Oct 3, 2009
Visit site
Hi all need some advice, i have tha marantz 6006 and i need a streamer for music the only thing is iam short on space and need something quite small, i was looking at the yamaha wxa-50 which does both but not sure on sound quality, has anyone got some suggestions budget around 300

insider9

Yamaha WXA-50 comes in a version without amplification as WXC-50. I've used it for over a year and the sound quality is very good. Software is fine too. Nothing really to complain about at the price.

Any specific features that you need?

weesack

Oct 3, 2009
Visit site
Just a thought i have the denon 2400h avr could i connect the wxc 50 to this and improve the sound through it , might be silly question but iam not tech savy

insider9

weesack said:
Just a thought i have the denon 2400h avr could i connect the wxc 50 to this and improve the sound through it , might be silly question but iam not tech savy
Yes, definitely! I wouldn't buy anything else just stream from Denon. It has Heos streamer built in.

The way to connect it is line out from Denon to any input on Marantz and you're ready to go. I've never used Heos but belive it should have all you need.

camcroft

I have one of these and it works perfectly with my system from my phone or my pc read the review from this site and its not an expensive upgrade, Hope this helps.

https://www.whathifi.com/crystal-acoustics/bludac/review?oq=bLUDAC&src="dropdown&aq=product%3Acrystal-acoustics/bludac/review&type=product&pos=top"

D

Deleted member 116933

weesack said:
Hi all need some advice, i have tha marantz 6006 and i need a streamer for music the only thing is iam short on space and need something quite small, i was looking at the yamaha wxa-50 which does both but not sure on sound quality, has anyone got some suggestions budget around 300

Personally, if it where me i would get a chord mojo and a chromecast audio job done and you gain an awsome headphone amp and DAC in the process, mojos can be had very much within your budget on the big E. If you where to go to a dealer im sure they would give a deal on it also if you where ask politely.

TomC

Jan 10, 2017
Visit site
I would go for Chromecast Audio...I am using it in my bedroom together with Teac Reference 300..in combination with Deezer and TuneIn it works realy good. I can not remember when I put CD in my player. Sound is OK, it is small, it is cheap and it sound good.

D

Deleted member 160668

For cheap and effective you can’t beat a Chromecast Audio. So +1 to these suggestions.

Whilst the Bluetooth suggestion above of Arcam Miniblink is good (it’s a great device), a CCA beats it for sound quality.

I’ve previously owned an Arcam rBlink (the big bro to the miniblink) and did a side by side test against the CCA... hence the reason I sold the rBlink.

D

Deleted member 160668

Yeah I missed that.

Not sure if it can. I don’t use NAS with mine so not sure. Perhaps someone else could confirm?

TomC

Jan 10, 2017
Visit site
This Raumfeld Connector seems like interseting alternative. People are saying generaly good things about it. App is obviusly very good, and it has Chromecast bulit in, and even looks sleek...

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
TomC said:
This Raumfeld Connector seems like interseting alternative. People are saying generaly good things about it. App is obviusly very good, and it has Chromecast bulit in, and even looks sleek...

I have a Connector which I use predominately for streaming Spotify, functionally it works well. I use the variable analogue outs but think that in your case, best practice would be to use the Optical out into your PM6006.

Only downside for me is that it uses Tune-In radio, not great either in terms of sound quality or functionality. Perfectly ok for talk/sports radio which is it's primary use but not being able to add stations is disappointing to say the least.

Currently just £120 including shipping, practically beer money.

Pedro

May 31, 2016
Visit site
I also use a Raumfeld Connector 2 and I think it's very good and a steal for the price.

If you have a very large music collection sitting on your NAS it will take a lot of time to index all the files. It took around 1 hour and a half or two hours to index my files (FLAC - around 1.6TB). When you add new music to your NAS you just search for new music in the Teufel app and it will index fast (e.g. yesterday it took maybe 2 our 3 of minutes to index around 22GB). The app will also search for album covers when it's indexing.

Other than that it works flawlessly both with Spotify and with my Synology NAS over wifi. No stops, no glitches and it does gapless playback.

Strictly Stereo

Jan 29, 2018
Visit site
weesack said:

You might be able to pick up a second hand Auralic Aries Mini or Bluesound Node 2 for that sort of money.

muljao

Jul 18, 2016
Visit site
If you go the Raumfeld route you can also play music from computer, or even put a usb stick full of flacs in the back.

You have an optical out that can go into marantz, but I'd advise try RCA's first, opinions differ but I think this thing sounds fantastic using its own dac

weesack

Oct 3, 2009
Visit site
cheers everybody, i have been doing some digging around , would one of the yamaha stereo recievers like nr 602 be a good option as it all comes in one box , it maybe a bit large but it means i have everything in one , any thoughts

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts