Small speakers to fill a large room

Sari

Aug 16, 2007
Visit site
Current set up is: Nad C370 amp, Arcam Alpha 7SE cd and Quad 11L speakers. We moved to new property with living room size 7m x 4m with high ceilings, and the current system struggles to fill it. I would really like small speakers if at all possible. Would Acoustic Energy AE1 Classic be suitable? I will be doing this with a view of upgrading the rest of the system in the next couple of years. Budget approx. £800, am happy to buy second hand stuff also... pls help :).

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
Would Acoustic Energy AE1 Classic be suitable?

YES....I had the MK2 pair few years ago and each upgrade since then they were on my short list. I am not familiar with the Nad C370 but give the AE1 plenty of power and they will rock your world.

A

Anonymous

If Quad 11L (small speakers) don't fill your room with sound then you really need bigger speakers not different small speakers.

Remember that when 'small' speakers are on stands they take up the same space as floorstanders anyway.

I believe Triangle Altea are good one's in your price bracket and would allow further upgrades...

jules.

Ketan Bharadia

Jun 7, 2007
Visit site
Agree with Jules. The Triangles are a good buy. Don't ignore Monitor Audios RS6s (£600) or even better the Dal Ikon 6s (£899), though. I know the Dalis are over your budget, but I reckon they could be your best bet.

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
You can't compare Quad 11L with AE1! If you look hard enough you can have a pair, ex demo, for under 500 notes. The Triangles Jules mention is also should be on top of your list as they are so fun to listening to.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts