Small speakers - recommendations needed

ngibbs

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
Hi everyone

I'm putting together a second system for my study and kitchen (2 sets of speakers) in my new house. So far I've got:

Macbook Air

Cyrus 6XP + 8 power

Metrum Acoustics Mini Dac Octave (just delivered and very nice!)

ATC SCM 11 (for study)

I need a small set of speakers for my kitchen. The obvious choice (I think) are the Neat Iotas, but they'd be sitting on a worktop with nothing behind them, and being rear-ported I'd imagine they'd need something for the bass to bounce off. Are there any other small speakers I should be looking out for (preferably not rear-ported), or would the sound of the Neats not be compromised too much by the lack of rear wall? Budget would be +/- that of the Neats: 650 pounds.

Many thanks

moon

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
ngibbs said:
Hi everyone

I'm putting together a second system for my study and kitchen (2 sets of speakers) in my new house. So far I've got:

Macbook Air

Cyrus 6XP + 8 power

Metrum Acoustics Mini Dac Octave (just delivered and very nice!)

ATC SCM 11 (for study)

I need a small set of speakers for my kitchen. The obvious choice (I think) are the Neat Iotas, but they'd be sitting on a worktop with nothing behind them, and being rear-ported I'd imagine they'd need something for the bass to bounce off. Are there any other small speakers I should be looking out for (preferably not rear-ported), or would the sound of the Neats not be compromised too much by the lack of rear wall? Budget would be +/- that of the Neats: 650 pounds.

Many thanks

if you can make it work, get the iotas....if you can't though

I just picked up the KEF Satellites you can see in my sig, they are wall mounted and front ported and sound fantastic in that environment. Can be picked up on the bay or the new model is £99 pound new per speaker. They can also be angled nicely to try and give you the best placement.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts