Small Room with matching budget!!!!

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I'm looking to spec a hifi music system for my den, which is approx 2m x 3m in size. I guess the budget is around the £1,000-£1,500 mark. At the moment I'm thinking of either the Arcam Solo with B&W 685's or a cambridge Audio based system, Azur 640CV2, Azur 640AV2 and Azur 640TV2, again with the B&W's. As a bit of a newbie I have a couple of questions, should I be looking for something that plays SACD or DVD Audio? or is this not really an issue yet and is there really a noticable difference in sound quality? Also would it be a mojor issue if the speakers were not mounted on stands? Space is limited which is tempting me to put them on the shelves at the end of the room but a little voice keeps telling me Nooooo! Finaly with this kind of setup should I expect to hear a noticeable improvement over the old system that lives in the lounge?.. Marantz PM66SE amp, Marantz CD67 and Tanoy Mercury M2's on Atacama stands? Appologies for the long winded post but any advice would be much appreciated.

rich51080

Jul 24, 2007
Visit site
http://www.superfi.co.uk/index.cfm/page/moreinfo.cfm/Product_ID/3414

I own the Linn and it is awesome and for this price it is a must buy.

No dab but the fm radio is second to none and the plus point is the headphone socket is amazing especially with my Alessandro ms2 phones. Dont be fooled by thinking this is cheap - this product is on special offer hence why i snapped one up.

Do not bother with the Arcam as it is lame and build quality ie buttons are inferior to the Linn. All Linn products are that good that they have the name of the person who put it together enscripted on the back

One word - Musical - describes the Linn perfectly

I may go on about this product but it is really that good and for that price is a must buy.

A

Anonymous

Not head the linn so will try to get a listen especially as there seem to be a few good offers on it at the moment... my cynical mind wonders if an update is around the corner? Shame it doesn't have DAB but will be interested to hear how it compares.

A

Anonymous

Just listened to the Linn and the Solo side by side and I must admit IMHO the Solo sounded the better. Unfortunately they didn't have the Cambridge Audio to compare as well so will have to check that out seperately.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts