small footprint cd player and stereo amplifier

Redwing1950

Jun 9, 2020
Visit site
Hi all, last week I was trying and successfully, mostly, got a streamer set up to play from one room to another. But it seems my apartment building is a hotbed of wifi use, so I get massive dropouts..anyway, techie is coming to see if there is a fix.

In the meantime I am having to work on my plan "B" which is to have a small footprint cd player and amp, and a couple of small wired speakers set up where the dying Bose player is at present. I am trying to keep it simple and attractive for my ailing spouse.

$$ is no issue, but has to fit in a small space...:)

Thanks for being here...
Redwing in Canada

Redwing1950

Jun 9, 2020
Visit site
Thanks for the Denon link, I am veering towards either ProjectAudio CDBoxDS2+StereoBoxDS2 which the folks who are the BlueSound rep I am dealing with carry, or the ExposureXM series, just not sure about the top loading CD player...
Really liked the Teac mini kit, but apparently they are a tough company to work with...
The Cyrus CD player looks great but no stores near me at all...ahh its rough living on the out skirts of civilization, lol
I will carry on reading....
thanks all
Redwing in Canada

Thanks for the Denon link, I am veering towards either ProjectAudio CDBoxDS2+StereoBoxDS2 which the folks who are the BlueSound rep I am dealing with carry, or the ExposureXM series, just not sure about the top loading CD player...
Really liked the Teac mini kit, but apparently they are a tough company to work with...
The Cyrus CD player looks great but no stores near me at all...ahh its rough living on the out skirts of civilization, lol
I will carry on reading....
thanks all
Redwing in Canada
Personally like the top loaders. Less to go wrong although a bit more of a issue to load.... :)

Reactions: Redwing1950
thats what the Project kit has :)
Red
And very good by all accounts, however amplifiers to match tend to be fairly low powered so matching speakers have to be fairly efficient. Your going to have to be careful here and we n to know which amplifier you are going to purchase.
However the DS2 seems to have sufficient power.
The idea that we can guess your preference soundwise and without any idea as to the layout of your listening room makes speaker suggestions extremely difficult.
You really are going to have to audition yourself as we have now idea what you can access there in the 'outback'..... :)

And very good by all accounts, however amplifiers to match tend to be fairly low powered so matching speakers have to be fairly efficient. Your going to have to be careful here and we n to know which amplifier you are going to purchase.
just looking at small bookshelf speakers:
or
any other suggestions???
thanks all,
Redwing in Canada
Price range?
Do you intend to use them on stands?
Perhaps Dynaudio Emit M20

D

Deleted member 188516

Take it from me it's practically not rude as I am sure the OP appreciates otherwise it would be him not you giving me grief.

that comment was rude, sexist and inappropriate. it seems the rules don't apply to moderators...

D

Deleted member 108165

You're on a loser here Plus, don't want to see you taking an enforced holiday from here mate, at the hands of the mods. There are other excellent hifi forums out there, (hifi wigwam is very good indeed).

D

Deleted member 188516

You're on a loser here Plus, don't want to see you taking an enforced holiday from here mate, at the hands of the mods. There are other excellent hifi forums out there, (hifi wigwam is very good indeed).

thanks for the advice. i have "lurked" on the wigwam for a few months but to be honest i'm getting a bit bored of forums - only been active because of lockdown etc.

i have a sense of humour but the above comment could be deemed offensive for the reasons given according to the long list of rules that (now) accompany this forum !

I have read the rules, and it does call for a 'most respectful interpretation', meaning (I believe) try to see the best in what's posted. I think 'slot-loader' is not therefore a breach of rules, and can also readily see that plus1 is just ribbing.

But I/we digress!

Jimboo

that comment was rude, sexist and inappropriate. it seems the rules don't apply to moderators...
Actually........
"yeah, it has to be easy access for the wife to use...."
R
Covers your complaint rather than AL describing an actual term for an actual hifi component. Doesn't it?
Back to the OP has he found a solution.? I think given the way some manufacturers are going in their styling we seem to be at a design crossroads. I prefer hifi when you can get quality from a smaller footprint. A hifi that fits into a kallax shelf is a winner.

Both Pro-ject, Rega, and Exposure spring to mind as all do compact designs at different ends of the market

It's a pity I've just noticed this thread...the OP could have decided by now. But Leema do a terrific half-sized amps and CD players with the Elements range. And given the OP is in Canada, I can vouch for how good Totem Arros sound with Leema products.

Those Totem Arros are the dinkiest of floorstanders I've come across.

gasolin

Cyrus audio

Or Denon Design Series

It's a pity I've just noticed this thread...the OP could have decided by now. But Leema do a terrific half-sized amps and CD players with the Elements range. And given the OP is in Canada, I can vouch for how good Totem Arros sound with Leema products.

Those Totem Arros are the dinkiest of floorstanders I've come across.
Yes, they're great speakers.
I've just thought of the P.S. Audio Spark 100 but don't think they did a matching CD P.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts