Small Compact Bookshelf Speakers

tansriloi

Apr 1, 2008
Visit site
Hi everyone,

I am looking for a pair of tiny bookshelf for music and tv. It's not going to turn on too loud. Small is definitely what I am looking for easy placement. Box Height around 180mm to 230mm is ideal. I was looking online and saw the Tangent evo 4 and I think it's ideal. However there aren't too much review aside from WHF. If anyone have come across this speaker, can you please comment? Thank you.

tansriloi said:
Hi everyone,

I am looking for a pair of tiny bookshelf for music and tv. It's not going to turn on too loud. Small is definitely what I am looking for easy placement. Box Height around 180mm to 230mm is ideal. I was looking online and saw the Tangent evo 4 and I think it's ideal. However there aren't too much review aside from WHF. If anyone have come across this speaker, can you please comment? Thank you.

What amp do you currently use, and what is your max budget?

muljao

Jul 18, 2016
Visit site
I'm very happy with my Cambridge audio sx50 speakers. Very lively clear sound. 225mm high, 160 wide, 240 deep. 130 pounds. What hifi do a review, I don't find them to hard to place though you'd need supplied bungs if near a wall

tansriloi

Apr 1, 2008
Visit site
This set up will in my new man cave so no current speaker. I actually got the q acoustics 2010i in my other room. It's fabulous but I need a smaller speaker for the cave.

M

Mammy Nun

I use Royd Edens, VG indeed.

I also like LS3/A's

NVA' s tiny Cubettes get great reviews.

insider9

I don't know how flexible you are with your budget but to broaden the discussion...

How about a compact speaker that is designed so it could be placed on its side such as Neat Iota?

Ribbon tweeters do really well in stereo setups when used without center channel for TV imho.

EDIT
They would of course meet your specs when stood upright.

M

Mammy Nun

Al ears said:
Mammy Nun said:

I also like LS3/A's

And they're all bigger than the OP's requirements.

Wrong again cloth-ears.....

The NVA Cubettes are 200mm x 200mm x 200mm.

Leeps

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
You could take a look at Monitor Audio Radius R90's. They would be too expensive new, but their excellent predecessors that I've owned, the Radius R90HD's are plentiful on the used market. Available in piano black, white and wood finishes. Lovely tweeter, really fast sound. You could augment with a subwoofer later if your amp had the relevant connections.

Barbapapa

Feb 13, 2016
Visit site
Full range speakers are hard to get in that size. The Tangent Evo were quite well received, I think. I saw some positive user experiences on Dutch websites.

I've been using Cambridge Minx 22, which are 15,4 cm high but only go down to 120 Hz so you'd need a sub.

Anthony Gallo Nucleus Micro are 10 cm, apparently go down to 88 Hz, but are quite expensive.

I've seen an ad for Do Acoustics Microcosmo: 14x10x16 hwd.

Canton Plus GX.3 are 19,5 cm, TEAC LS-10 are 19 cm and both are fairly cheap.

In the past there were some tiny speakers at Richer sounds, such as Tibo Edge Mini for GBP 20, Wharfedale Diamond 9.0, or Mordaunt Short M10. I think these are still within the desired reange.

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
Leeps said:
You could take a look at Monitor Audio Radius R90's. They would be too expensive new, but their excellent predecessors that I've owned, the Radius R90HD's are plentiful on the used market. Available in piano black, white and wood finishes. Lovely tweeter, really fast sound. You could augment with a subwoofer later if your amp had the relevant connections.

Good suggestion and would be my choice for tiddly speakers.

Mammy Nun said:
Al ears said:
Mammy Nun said:

I also like LS3/A's

Are the indeed, even smaller than the Cube 2, must be pretty limited with those dimensions.

Getting my name wrong doesn't rile me and simply makes you look childish which sounds about right looking at the majority of your posts.

Leeps

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
alchemist 1 said:
Neat's Iota speakers............in all colours too....

Agreed, they are superb speakers, but alas way over the OP's budget of £150, hence my suggestion of MA Radius R90HD on the used market. Actually they wouldn't be totally disgraced against the Iotas, especially considering the price differential.

M

Mammy Nun

Al ears said:
Mammy Nun said:
Al ears said:
Mammy Nun said:

I also like LS3/A's

Are the indeed, even smaller than the Cube 2, must be pretty limited with those dimensions.

Getting my name wrong doesn't rile me and simply makes you look childish which sounds about right looking at the majority of your posts.

Size is not always a guarantee of performance Clothy......

And by yer reply, you do seem a tad riled.......Chill, sticks n stones.

M

Mammy Nun

Buy a dab radio mate........tune to "classic *******"...........hoohoo.

Its all you'll ever need........!!!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts