Sleeper Hifi

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

daveh75

I would argue that the Apple Airport Express is a similar thing as Chromecast Audio. Very happy that I bought one second hand after they'd gone out of production. Still a great way to add Airplay to existing audio equipment. There's even a firmware update to Airplay 2 available.

Not really.

With Casting your phone/tablet/PC is really just an interface/controller for the Chromecast.

With Airplay the idevice is acting as a server, it's more akin to Bluetooth

doifeellucky

Not really.

With Casting your phone/tablet/PC is really just an interface/controller for the Chromecast.

With Airplay the idevice is acting as a server, it's more akin to Bluetooth
I think their point wasn’t regarding the specifics of the functionality, but that both are now discontinued, however would potentially still sell quite well. That would certainly apply to the Chromecast Audio based on the number of comments I’ve seen indicating as much.

Last edited:

Dom

What we need to understand is what sleeper means in Hifi. One of Google's definitions of sleeper is a support to a super structure.
It could be that sleeper is the power source and DACs, amplifiers and speakers are the super structures in that sense.

Last edited:

doifeellucky

What we need to understand is what sleeper means in Hifi. One of Google's definitions of sleeper is a support to a super structure.
It could be that sleeper is the power source and DACs, amplifiers and speakers are the super structures in that sense.
Do we though?

As the original poster what exactly was the point of this post? What specifically had you seen, heard or read that made you ask initially? You agreed with my initial definition but keep coming back saying something completely different.

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts