SkyHD Digibox DRX-595

rs6mra

Jan 12, 2009
Visit site
Guys, can someone please clarify what the position is with this box.

Am i right in thinking that I can connnect this in another room with a single coax that runs from my Loft box/amplifier? - at present all the rooms have a single coax that enables us to watch the same channel in every room and control Sky with a magic eye

Where it is connected will I be able to receive Sky in HD via the single coax?

Is there an additional monthly subscription payable to Sky for the use of this digibox?

Is the function now active whereby I can stream recordings from my main Sky+ HD box to the TV it is connected to?

With an ethernet connection, will I be able to stream On Demand content?

Thanks.

daveh75

rs6mra said:
Guys, can someone please clarify what the position is with this box.

Am i right in thinking that I can connnect this in another room with a single coax that runs from my Loft box/amplifier? - at present all the rooms have a single coax that enables us to watch the same channel in every room and control Sky with a magic eye

Where it is connected will I be able to receive Sky in HD via the single coax?

No, it will need a sat feed. 'Loftboxes' usually just combine and distribute Terrestrial, FM/dab and rf2 out from the Sky box onto a single cables

Is there an additional monthly subscription payable to Sky for the use of this digibox?

Of course. Requires a multiroom sub (unless its just going to be used for FTA channels)

Is the function now active whereby I can stream recordings from my main Sky+ HD box to the TV it is connected to?

No.

With an ethernet connection, will I be able to stream On Demand content?

No.

rs6mra

Jan 12, 2009
Visit site
Thanks very much and i kinda guessed that it would need a sat feed which is out of the question.

For future reference would it only require just one feed as it doesn't have a storage function built into it?

Is there any other way of getting Sky HD into another room without the use of ethernet cables (Cat X)?

daveh75

rs6mra said:
Thanks very much and i kinda guessed that it would need a sat feed which is out of the question.

For future reference would it only require just one feed as it doesn't have a storage function built into it?
Yes.

Is there any other way of getting Sky HD into another room without the use of ethernet cables (Cat X)?

You could use video senders. Though HD ones are expensive, and video senders are generally unreliable (due to interference).

Personally I think a better solution would be to use the coax feed from the loftbox into that room as a sat feed instead of rf from your main Sky box

rs6mra

Jan 12, 2009
Visit site
Many thanks once again. Can you please elaborate on how i can use the coax as a sat feed as I am a wee bit lost? Does the connection remain the same on the loft box or does this have to be changed.

daveh75

rs6mra said:
Does the connection remain the same on the loft box or does this have to be changed.

No you would need to change it.

You could either use the existing coax into the room just as a sat feedby running a cable from a spare port on the LNB ( if it has one, if not change the LNB for a quad octo) and connecting it to that existing cable

Or you could combine both onto that existing cable, by using a TV/Sat combiner, you then need to fit a diaplexed faceplate/diaplexer in the room to seperate the combined signal back into rf and sat

rs6mra

Jan 12, 2009
Visit site
Ah, i get it. Thanks once again. It is a complete pain gaining access to my dish and can only be done with a scalfold tower.

What I did when the dish was installed was utilise all 4 connections on the LNB and i have two spare cables where the loftbox is located. What would be the best way to connect the cable that runs to the room with the TV is to one of the spare cables from the LNB?

Surprise Surprise after being on Sky's website yesterday I have just been offered multiscreen at half price for 12 months. The only downside for me to is that i would not be able to access any recorded or on demand content. which leads to the question, why has it got an ethernet port?

And so that I am clear all that i will get from the what is now the Multiscreen box is HD in this room and being able to watch a different channel; correct?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts