Sky TV on a Technomate box

vpacalypse

Feb 22, 2009
Visit site
Over the past month I've been told by two seperate people about watching Sky tv on a technomate box.

I'm not sure it's entirely legal...I mean they touted a one off fee for the box (say £200-£250)...& a year long subscription for £80.

This would include everything from sky1 to sky movies to sky sports & those discovery channels (the full monty pretty much).

This one-off fee system is a hell of alot- cheaper than what sky charge for this...but then I'm not sure it's stricktly legal.

It isn't a famous option either; you would think something so cheap would be as big as bt youview/ virgin & sky itself.

I just want to know more about it. The legality & whether it is all those channels.

It all just seems word of mouth...& dodgy to be honest...but I'm still curious.

Anyone know more about this...?

daveh75

Its a method known as 'card sharing' used by so called 'pay servers' and is illegal btw

Also Sky are in the process of upgrading thier card pairing/conditional access system which means the viewing cards will only work in the original Sky box it was paired to, and will put an end to card sharing and pay servers offering the service (for Sky UK at least)

daveh75

I've been an aerial and sat installer for the past 10+ years and a sat 'hobbyist' for 20+ and admin/mod on several sat forums where the info is public knowledge and discussed regularly
Busted payservers even turn up in thenews from time to time (A French based server from just a few days ago - www.broadbandtvnews.com/2013/05/30/police-catch-card-sharing-pirate-in-lyon/

TRENDING THREADS