Sky Sports graphics interfering with sub woofer?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi, new to this my first post, always been able to find what I wanted without asking
Problem
Had to replace my old Pioneer VSX-2016AV amp (new furniture TV cab to small) with a Pioneer VSX-S500
Finally got it all working but occasionally I have been getting strange noises from the sub woofer, rumbling popping sound, didn't know what it was, but whilst I was watching the live football on Sky sports it was happening quite a lot, then I noticed it was corresponding with the on screen graphics, the replay graphic, the pop up scores at the bottom of the screen, the video window when they are advertising forthcoming events etc.
Each particular graphic has its own sound very similar to each other, but the same every time.
Equipment
Sky 1T HD box
Samsung 46E8000 TV
Pioneer VSX-S500 AV Amp
Sony BDP460 Blu ray
Canton Cinema 5.1 Surround speakers including active subwoofer
Connections Sky direct to TV HDMI2, Sky to Amp Optical, Amp to Sub coax to low level input L, Amp to TV HDMI3 & Optical, BR to Amp HDMI
Help please
Thanks in advance

A

Anonymous

Thanks for replying, Yes, connected through a coax, should have mentioned it, I a spare Coax which looks sligtly better quality than the original which came with the speakers, I swapped, but exactly the same. no difference

AnotherJoe

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
You might try recording the offending football program. Then disconnect the satellite feeds from the back of the skybox and see if it still occurs when you then playback the recording.

A

Anonymous

Thanks again for taking time to reply

Tried the recording bit, sameas, then i played around with the line levels etc, I've got rid of the horrible noise it makes when the graphics are on, didn't realise they make a swooshing sound when they appear! haven't tried it with a movie yet to see if the sub volume is to low

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts