Sky Sports 1HD sound issues

blackflash52

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
I have my sky+ HD connected to a Denon 2113 via HDMI. When watching Sky Sports 1HD I experience dips in the sound for a split second, not all the time, but it can happen in quick succession is a many minutes. This does not happen with all the other HD channels i watch or any of the other sports channels. I have contacted Sky, who having run tests have said they dont have the knowledge or training to know why this is happening, they suggested i contact Dolby. I have updated both Sky and the Denon. Any suggestions would be most welcome

macdiddy

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
Hi blackflash52.

I am at time of posting this reply watching live football on Sky Sports 1HD and can confirm that every now and again the sound dips out for a split second so you can rule out any problem with you Denon, I am using the analogue outputs on the back on my sky+ HD 2tb box rather than HDMI so that also rules out any problems with your HDMI lead.

This is not the first time I have noticed problems with the sound when watching live football on sky, other sports seem to be unaffected. There used to be the same problem with Sky Atlantic when it first started so I would ignore their suggestion to contact Dolby as I think this is a case of trying to pass the problem to someone else.

Try searching online and I think you will find the official sky forum where this problem has been brought up before, so sky do know about it.

hope this helps ease your mind that its not just you.

:cheers:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts