Sky ROI To get BBC3, BBC4, CBBC and CBeebies from 12 May

daveh75

As per title BBC3, BBC4, CBBC and CBeebies will be added to Sky ROIs EPG on 12 May.

http://www.sky.com/ireland/freeze?DCMP=ILC-SkyCOM_freeze (scroll down to 'Smile')

"From 12 May, get something for the whole family with four extra channels from the BBC: BBC Three, BBC Four, CBBC and CBeebies - at no additional cost*"

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
micks_address said:
i wonder will they add bbc1 hd?

...and how they're going to administer charging ROI viewers a licence fee to help fund the service?
smiley-wink.gif

Red Dragon

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Andrew Everard said:
micks_address said:

...and how they're going to administer charging ROI viewers a licence fee to help fund the service?
smiley-wink.gif

Sure, we get it here anyway, just without the convenience of it being part of the EPG...no biggie !! Glad to see we are getting the additional BBC channels sorted out anyway...just ITV/UTV to get it's act together now ??!!

A

Anonymous

Andrew Everard said:
micks_address said:

smiley-wink.gif

Perhaps they view it as reparations for all those years of oppression?
smiley-tongue-out.gif

Red Dragon

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
daveh75 said:
Sky ROI are paying BBC Worlwide for the channels to be included on the EPG, so Sky ROI subscribers are contributing indirectly via their subscriptions.

Didn't think for a minute that Sky would be doing it out of the goodness of their hearts !!! lol

Red Dragon

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Andrew Everard said:
Red Dragon said:
Didn't think for a minute that Sky would be doing it out of the goodness of their hearts !!! lol

Well, assuming Sky isn't increasing its ROI subscriptions, that's just what it is doing...

I think you'll find that the ROI subscription prices have already been set to sufficiently cover the costs of BBC access for some time now, and the Euro/Stirling equivalent cost is unbalanced in a very unsympathetic way against us over here in Ireland !!

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Yes, but as I understand it no extra charge for all these extra channels...

And anyway, the ROI full package price is only about £5 a month more than in the UK, due mainly to the ongoing strength of the Euro against Sterling.

Red Dragon

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Andrew Everard said:
Yes, but as I understand it no extra charge for all these extra channels...

yes, the same as in the Uk ? My point is that we are already paying over and above the UK prices for the same packages, and the following EPG changes are across the board, as they should be...

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
eggontoast said:
The_Lhc said:
Really? Could you explain it to the hard of thinking?
Not sure much thinking is required

Well, I'm not getting the joke, in fact I can't even tell where the joke is, so humour me, why is Max's comment so funny as to be "classic"?

I'm not trying to wind anybody up, I just didn't get it.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
maxflinn said:
what's "sky"?

Maybe you should ask this chap – he seems to know all about it:

maxflinn said:
ofcom has told sky it must cut the price it charges to its rivals to show premium sports channels
emotion-1.gif

they now have to sell sky sports 1 and 2 for up to 23% less to its rivals
emotion-2.gif

sky said it will appeal the decision , the result of a 3 year enquiry , they said it was an unwarranted intervention , saying it will be "to the detriment of consumers"
emotion-3.gif

does this mean they are going to tax their subscribers in some way ? to get back what they will lose ?

or maybe give the premier league less money ?poor players , doesnt ofcom know they are in a recession too
emotion-4.gif

A

Anonymous

Andrew Everard said:
maxflinn said:
what's "sky"?

Maybe you should ask this chap – he seems to know all about it:

maxflinn said:
ofcom has told sky it must cut the price it charges to its rivals to show premium sports channels
emotion-1.gif

they now have to sell sky sports 1 and 2 for up to 23% less to its rivals
emotion-2.gif

sky said it will appeal the decision , the result of a 3 year enquiry , they said it was an unwarranted intervention , saying it will be "to the detriment of consumers"
emotion-3.gif

does this mean they are going to tax their subscribers in some way ? to get back what they will lose ?

or maybe give the premier league less money ?poor players , doesnt ofcom know they are in a recession too
emotion-4.gif
never heard of him :)

Red Dragon

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Andrew Everard said:
Red Dragon said:
My point is that we are already paying over and above the UK prices for the same packages

It's a free market, and of course no-one is forcing you to have the service.

Actually, as Sky have the HD channel monopoly at the moment, there is no choice to be had ??!! When Upc/Ntl get their fibre optic network established in my area, then there will be an option and my choice has already been made...just have to wait now...

micks_address

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
unlikely they will add bbc one hd though? its just handy for recording.. i can view bbc 1 hd and channel 4hd via my freesat hd tv in dublin.. but its not on the sky epg..

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts