sky remote control

CraigDS

Sep 3, 2009
Visit site
Good Evening all

I have two sky boxes in the house. One is a new sky hd box and the second box is the older "grey/white" box. The remote for the older box got damaged so I tried the new boxes remote which looks the same but it didn't work. I am going to buy a new remote but it is a certain remote I need to buy and in the mean time can I "program" the other remote to work by using a code etc?? I hope that is clear??

daveh75

Sky remotes are programmable, so most Sky remotes can be re-programmed to work with other boxes (though obviously standard remotes, don't have the Sky+ buttons ).

For most remotes Version 4 and later (white label inside battery cover)

1 Press "TV"

2 Press and hold "Select" and "Yellow" together until red led in remote end flashes twice (On HD remotes "Select" and "i" together) - if it doesn't flash twice then remote cannot be reprogrammed (clone or too old)

3 Press "0" to operate standard box, "1" for Sky+ and on HD remotes "2" for HD - remotes in Sky+ mode will control HD boxes as well

4 Press "Select" - red led should flash twice

5 Press "Sky" and away you go

Any remote in Sky+ mode will also operate HD boxes BUT this can be stopped in some remote and box combinations in the following way

1 Press "TV"

2 Press and hold "Select" and "Blue" together until red led in remote end flashes twice - if it doesn't flash twice then remote cannot be reprogrammed (clone or too old)

3 Press "1"

4 Press "Select" - red led should flash twice

5 Press "Sky" and away you go

TRENDING THREADS