Sky picture

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

Have just wall mounted a Sony 40inch tv. there is this connector(http://www.xxion.co.uk/images/uploads/1814-000.jpg) behind the TV.

The Skybox is in a cupboard, which won't be connected to a TV.

Is there anyway to watch Sky on the Sony tv? (Sky eye thing?)

Thanks

chudleighpaul

Jan 7, 2010
Visit site
You will need to connect the Sky box to the TV in order to watch Sky.

I'm suprised you failed to plan for this before mounting the TV on the wall.

A

Anonymous

I tried not to get involved, as they kept mentioning this eye thing.

Is there any sleek/minamilistic way to get the skybox connected to the TV, without seeing the Skybox?

Thanks

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
Whether you can see the Sky box or not is irrelevant, you still need to connect its video output to the TV in order to watch it!

All the Magic eye does is allow you to use the remote control without having the Sky box on view.

SnowyJohn

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Forgive me for sounding patronising, but that connector in the image is essentially your aerial. As SkyTV is transmitted differently (digitally) than old terrestrial telly you'll need something (i.e. the Sky box) between the TV and the aerial to convert transmitted signals to images and sounds that the television understands. To watch Sky-only channels, this will need to be a sky box... Free digital television can be decoded using a Freeview box or a Freesat box.

chudleighpaul

Jan 7, 2010
Visit site
If the "they" are expecting you to watch Sky through the aerial connector then they are a bunch of cowboys. It is possible to do so, but the picture quality would be very poor, so I am not going to tell you how it is done, just in case you are tempted.

Having invested a fair bit of dosh in the TV you deserve decent pics from your Sky box. As a matter of interest how do you propose to connect a DVD/BluRay player to the TV?

What kind of Sky box do you have? Just plain, Sky-plus, or HD?

You should have taken a lot more interest in what was being done, after all it is your money you are paying out.

A

Anonymous

some sort of wireless av sender might help - at least for SD. Moving the skybox would be simpler.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/WIRELESS-2.4GHz-SCART-%20-AV-TRANSMITTER-VIDEO-BOX-SKY-TV_W0QQitemZ370167244282QQcmdZViewItem?rvr_id=169925119638&rvr_id=169925119638&cguid=45c1a75712c0a0aad294f9b4ffec0576

or

http://www.gizoo.co.uk/Products/avcommunications/tvgadgets/AVSender.htm

A

Anonymous

sorted the issue now, going to have the old tv in the cupboard connected to the box and then run the eye cable from the skybox.

daveh75

Traumatic:sorted the issue now, going to have the old tv in the cupboard connected to the box and then run the eye cable from the skybox.
You do realise that picture quality will be poor, and the sound only mono when using RF2 out/magic eye from the Sky box?

carter

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
and hard to see in the cupboard
emotion-5.gif

chudleighpaul

Jan 7, 2010
Visit site
Traumatic:sorted the issue now, going to have the old tv in the cupboard connected to the box and then run the eye cable from the skybox.

I'm glad I wont be watching the Sky pics on your 40" Sony.

Having spent a fair bit of money on the new TV it doesn't seem right that you are settling for RF pics and mono sound. IMHO the whole exercise seems a waste of money.

A

Anonymous

The picture was rubbish.

Going to have to wallbracket the Skybox behind the tv. hmm

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts