Sky or Upc for TV?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I am doing a business related project on Upc, and wondered what the general consensus was about Upc as a digital tv supplier and if it is a worthy competitor to Sky ? I understand that it is only available where their land-line network has been installed, and therefore not for everyone, but for those who do subscribe, do you find it comprehensive, hassle free and cost effective? Or does it lack in some areas ?

I would also like to know where you think digital TV is going in the future and how you think it will be supplied, recieved and provided for in relation to domestic situations and how you thing domestic systems will change to incorporate all our media resources in the future...

You would be a great help with a group project and homework, so any comments are greatly appreciated ! I am not an employee or involved in market research for the benefit of any company, but working on a Business Innnovation Course and thought you guys would have a good grasp of the subject...thanks for your help !

A

Anonymous

62 viewings and no-one is gonna help me with my homework...?? C'mon lads, please...

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
Sorry, I've never even heard of them, which, given they appear to be Irish supplier, probably isn't that surprising. We have some Irish forumites here but I doubt we've got so many that you'll get many useful responses.

Torres09

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
ricardo65:
I am doing a business related project on Upc, and wondered what the general consensus was about Upc as a digital tv supplier and if it is a worthy competitor to Sky ? I understand that it is only available where their land-line network has been installed, and therefore not for everyone, but for those who do subscribe, do you find it comprehensive, hassle free and cost effective? Or does it lack in some areas ?

I would also like to know where you think digital TV is going in the future and how you think it will be supplied, recieved and provided for in relation to domestic situations and how you thing domestic systems will change to incorporate all our media resources in the future...

You would be a great help with a group project and homework, so any comments are greatly appreciated ! I am not an employee or involved in market research for the benefit of any company, but working on a Business Innnovation Course and thought you guys would have a good grasp of the subject...thanks for your help !

ricardo65, just my opinion- i find it hassle free, easy to use, basically does what SKY does in Pause Rewind Live TV, Record series link etc,etc, competitvely priced.........

The only thing UPC lack is the range of HD Channels I've only got 9,
As for "where do you think digital TV is going in the future and how you think it will be supplied, recieved and provided" like everything else we'll be years and years behind everyone else
emotion-6.gif

A

Anonymous

Thanks guys, and maybe I should have mentioned that Upc are formerly known as NTL, if that makes any difference.

I have to agree to a certain extent Torres but the investment that Upc are making in underground fibre optics is making Ireland into one of the most widely and extensively networked countries in Europe (which wouldn't be difficult considering its relative size, geography and population distribution) so maybe we won't be as far behind as we think we are...?

All we need now is an economy to sustain it...
emotion-9.gif

bigdigger

Sep 26, 2008
Visit site
Hi, used to have NTL but customer service was terrible and when we tried to up-grade to the PVR the remote wouldn't work due to interference from our phillips TV. This was apparantly a known issue with some phillips and Samsung TVs. Got Sky instead which is a pity because some of their bundle deals are well priced.

mgillespie05

Jul 1, 2008
Visit site
HI there , ihave been a customer of upc ,and could not get back to sky fast enough. they might be more expensive but better service ect.just wish sky would bring broad band to ireland

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts