Sky investment in 3D?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
maxflinn:ok , ill have to have a word with that friend of mine , hes leading me astray , i wont post anything else he tells me on this site
emotion-15.gif

Indeed - you wouldn't want him to get banned for trying it on one time too often, now would you?

A

Anonymous

daveh75:
Now max,with regard to Dreamboxes or any other linux based receiver for that matter.

Out of the box running standard software,all they are is a FTA/non platform specific satellite receiver, which means all you can receive is either FTA channels or with a legally obtained veiwing card/subscription, pay tv channels.

Plus with other available legal software, you can stream from it to your pc, record over a LAN to any HDD on your network, remotely control it from anywhere either from a pc or with an iphone app, use it a media player etc etc, the list is endless.

But if you use it to watch paytv services for free, by either using hex/key files or card sharing then that is illegal/theft of service.

Which was my original point.

oh , thanks for clearing that up daveh , as i said to andrew , i must have a word with my friend who told me about the dreambox , i thought it was legal to get sky , he gets all sorts of weird and wonderful channels , god knows from where , he has a "hotbird" sattelite dish , and a dish lined up to astra , im not really up with all this tech myself ...

A

Anonymous

Andrew Everard:maxflinn:ok , ill have to have a word with that friend of mine , hes leading me astray , i wont post anything else he tells me on this site
emotion-15.gif

Indeed - you wouldn't want him to get banned for trying it on one time too often, now would you?
nope , hes been studying between the lines , and i think he now understands the status quo on here , anyway , its time for his dinner
emotion-10.gif

A

Anonymous

Andrew Everard:Is there a status quo on here to understand? If he thinks he understands it, I'd be interested in an explanation...
i think he means he should make sure things he is proposing to do are above board before he posts about them on here , hes very hungry now
emotion-4.gif

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
maxflinn:]i think he means he should make sure things he is proposing to do are above board before he posts about them on here

Yes, he should. Anyway, we're now far enough off topic for this thread to have run its course.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts