Sky investment in 3D?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

Andrew Everard:
maxflinn:they wont be getting any of my money , though ill soon be enjoying their services , quid pro no rupert
emotion-19.gif

How so?

i posted how before and it was deleted , so i presume its against forum rules ??

A

Anonymous

Andrew Everard:Ah right, so you're going to steal the service, then?
no , no , its quite legal , though obviously not many people are aware of this ...

daveh75

Andrew Everard:
maxflinn:they wont be getting any of my money , though ill soon be enjoying their services , quid pro no rupert
emotion-19.gif

How so?

By using a linux based Sat receiver,(configured with the right software) to steal Skys service,Andrew.

A

Anonymous

daveh75:Andrew Everard:
emotion-19.gif

How so?

By using a linux based Sat receiver,(configured with the right software) to steal Skys service,Andrew.
no , guess again ??

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
maxflinn:if you pay them their monthly fee , you will get their service)protection
emotion-11.gif
, but if you dont , you get less and less of whatever other services there are for free (sports)

Hmmm, so you're saying they're like the Mafia because you have to pay them a monthly fee for their services? So all mobile phone companies are also like the Mafia? As is the NHS by that rationale - I pay my Income Tax and National Insurance monthly to fund it.

In fact I'm struggling to think of anything which is actually free (and therefore unlike the Mafia) - naturally growing blackberries I suppose might count...

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
daveh75:Andrew Everard:
emotion-19.gif

How so?

Ah right, I had assumed it was through something like that. That or one of those sites offering scammed viewing cards.

A

Anonymous

Andrew Everard:daveh75:Andrew Everard:
emotion-19.gif

How so?

a hd dreambox is perfectly legal , check it out ??

Ah right, I had assumed it was through just such a scam...

daveh75

maxflinn:daveh75:Andrew Everard:
emotion-19.gif

How so?

no , guess again ??
What do you think a dreambox is max?

A

Anonymous

daveh75:maxflinn:daveh75:Andrew Everard:
emotion-19.gif

How so?

no , guess again ??
its legal , just like putting an oppo in a different chassis and charging 7 times the price is legal , its a strange world
emotion-18.gif

A

Anonymous

Andrew Everard:
maxflinn:Andrew Everard:a hd dreambox is perfectly legal , check it out ??

I said no such thing. Please do not suggest I did.

er , sorry , i typed in the wrong place , a dreambox is legal though , on sale now , on ebay , and an electrical retailer near you ....

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
maxflinn:its legal , just like putting an oppo in a different chassis and charging 7 times the price is legal , its a strange world
emotion-18.gif

It's my understanding that the way you are proposing getting access to Sky's services is entirely fraudulent.

daveh75

maxflinn:daveh75:maxflinn:daveh75:Andrew Everard:
emotion-19.gif

How so?

no , guess again ??
its legal , just like putting an oppo in a different chassis and charging 7 times the price is legal , its a strange world
emotion-18.gif

max you're right,Dreamboxes aren't illegal-However,when you configure them with the software to enable viewing of services without paying for it,is when it becomes illegal!!!!

A

Anonymous

with respect daveh , i didnt say that , you did ....

stealing is breaking the law you know ?? i dont do that , do you ??

A

Anonymous

Andrew Everard:
maxflinn:its legal , just like putting an oppo in a different chassis and charging 7 times the price is legal , its a strange world
emotion-18.gif

It's my understanding that the way you are proposing getting access to Sky's services is entirely fraudulent.

no , my friend told me , if you have a hd dreambox , you can get loads of free channels , maybe im wrong ???

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
maxflinn:By using a linux based Sat receiver,(configured with the right software) to steal Skys service,Andrew.

Neither did I mention the product, though you claim above that I did.

maxflinn:no , my friend told me

Ah, the Blair defence...

A

Anonymous

Andrew Everard:maxflinn:By using a linux based Sat receiver,(configured with the right software) to steal Skys service,Andrew.

Neither did I mention the product, though you claim above that I did.

sorry , im a bit confused , i have been told a hd dreambox enables one to get free channels , legally , so im going to get one ..
emotion-11.gif

daveh75

maxflinn:

Eh?. I know i said that, and never even suggested you said it!

A

Anonymous

daveh75:maxflinn:

Eh?. I know i said that, and never even suggested you said it!
cool
emotion-21.gif

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
maxflinn:sorry , im a bit confused , i have been told a hd dreambox enables one to get free channels , legally , so im going to get one ..
emotion-11.gif

It may enable one to get some channels legally - ie free to air channels. What it doesn't do is let you legally view the subscription services. So there's no legal way you will

maxflinn:soon be enjoying their services
emotion-19.gif

even though

maxflinn:they wont be getting any of my money
emotion-19.gif

A

Anonymous

Andrew Everard:
maxflinn:sorry , im a bit confused , i have been told a hd dreambox enables one to get free channels , legally , so im going to get one ..
emotion-11.gif

It may enable one to get some channels legally - ie free to air channels. What it doesn't do is let you legally view the subscription services. So there's no legal way you will

maxflinn:soon be enjoying their services
emotion-19.gif

even though

maxflinn:they wont be getting any of my money
emotion-19.gif

free ones at home , subscription services down the boozer , not totally free i know , but the booze is a nice bonus
emotion-22.gif

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Ah right: well for that you don't need the circuitous route suggested in your previously deleted post: an ordinary box with a free-to-air card will do nicely. Or a Freesat box.

A

Anonymous

Andrew Everard:Ah right: well for that you don't need the circuitous route suggested in your previously deleted post: an ordinary box with a free-to-air card will do nicely. Or a Freesat box.
ok , ill have to have a word with that friend of mine , hes leading me astray , i wont post anything else he tells me on this site
emotion-15.gif

daveh75

Now max,with regard to Dreamboxes or any other linux based receiver for that matter.

Out of the box running standard software,all they are is a FTA/non platform specific satellite receiver-which means all you can receive is either FTA channels or by using it's integral card reader with CAM emulating software(softcams) and a legally obtained veiwing card/subscription, pay tv channels.

Plus with other available legal software, you can stream from it to your pc, record over LAN to any HDD on your network, remotely control it from anywhere, either from a pc or with an iphone app, use it as a media player etc etc.The list is endless.

But if you use it to watch paytv services for free, by configuring it with other software, then that is illegal/theft of service

Which was my original point.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts