Sky Interactive Card Slot

chudleighpaul

Jan 7, 2010
Visit site
All boxes have this slot.

I was just wondering if Sky has ever issued any cards? If so has anyone ever used it?

Also has anyone ever had the keyboard which was available when SkyDigital was launched.

Just curious as to why they still have this slot in modern boxes.

daveh75

chudleighpaul:
All boxes have this slot.The latest Amstrads dont....

I was just wondering if Sky has ever issued any cards? If so has anyone ever used it?

Also has anyone ever had the keyboard which was available when SkyDigital was launched.

Just curious as to why they still have this slot in modern boxes.There was talk of an loyalty card at one point, but never got off the ground.

chudleighpaul

Jan 7, 2010
Visit site
When I first had SkyDigital it was a condition of the contract that the box had to be connected to the phone line for the first year.

Sky hoped to make money from the interactive services, but it seems they never happened!

daveh75

chudleighpaul:When I first had SkyDigital it was a condition of the contract that the box had to be connected to the phone line for the first year.It still is, unless you pay £25 to opt out (and before anyone says, they dont/have never had their box connected to the phoneline with no issues, i know people get away with it, but it doesn't change the fact it's part of Skys T&Cs)

Sky hoped to make money from the interactive services, but it seems they never happened!They kinda did, with the games, betting, shopping etc thats available on the 'Interactive Services' button....

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts