Sky installed, maintenance at all?

fayeanddavid

May 27, 2009
Visit site
Right, had Sky installed at the house now for 4 years, been relatively trouble free (normal stuff; occassional reboot, lose signal in bad storms, lip synch occassionally etc but nothing significant)

Is there/should there be some sort of maintenance regime to ensure things keep ticking along, i.e. retrimming the line of the dish, checking/replacing cabling etc, any other thoughts at all??

Would be interested to know.

fayeanddavid

May 27, 2009
Visit site
bigboss said:
Nope. Just ask for a new box if the curent one fails. You can always threaten to cancel your subscription if they don't agree.

BB

Part of the plan when I ask for HD multiroom, currently have std multiroom but tbhinking our box (HD) to kid's room and then new 1TB box for the main room!!

Hopefully they will agree!

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
What a 1TB box for nothing? Hmm, maybe, as you're a first time multi-roomer, but they won't give me one for nothing, even though it'd be the third room and I never got a new box when I got the original multi-room install.

fayeanddavid said:
bigboss said:
Nope. Just ask for a new box if the curent one fails. You can always threaten to cancel your subscription if they don't agree.

BB

Part of the plan when I ask for HD multiroom, currently have std multiroom but tbhinking our box (HD) to kid's room and then new 1TB box for the main room!!

Hopefully they will agree!

You can have the 1TB box for £49 if you're going for multiroom. Check this.

You could bargain & get it for free, considering it's only £49.

Cofnchtr

Oct 4, 2007
Visit site
Hi,

F&D already have multiroom so extra boxes will be charged at a higher price. Sign in with your SKY ID, enter all your current boxes and click to add an exchange box. The price will change on the right of the screen.

Alternative is to call and see what deals they can offer you to encourage you to upgrade. I have 3 HD boxes and only paid £99 for the 1st and £49 for the second one.

Cheers,

Cofnchtr.

fayeanddavid

May 27, 2009
Visit site
Cofnchtr said:
Hi,

F&D already have multiroom so extra boxes will be charged at a higher price. Sign in with your SKY ID, enter all your current boxes and click to add an exchange box. The price will change on the right of the screen.

Alternative is to call and see what deals they can offer you to encourage you to upgrade. I have 3 HD boxes and only paid £99 for the 1st and £49 for the second one.

Cheers,

Cofnchtr.

If it's £49.00 I'll take the pill, but no charge will be the opening gambit I reckon!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts