admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Right, I have a Sky HD box downstairs ( lounge) that allows me to watch football in HD ( I have the HD pack in my subscription!). I would like , if possible to watch HD football in our bedroom, but only have a white Sky+ box. Now the burning issues are :-

1 - I have a friend that has a spare Sky HD box, as he is moving to Virgin. Would I be able to use this instead of my Sky+ box....i.e would Sky allow me to do this???, ( the Sky+ box is my Multiroom subscription) and secondly

2 - If they did allow me to do this, would I have to pay for a second HD subscription?, to watch football in HD???

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
coletti said:
Right, I have a Sky HD box downstairs ( lounge) that allows me to watch football in HD ( I have the HD pack in my subscription!). I would like , if possible to watch HD football in our bedroom, but only have a white Sky+ box. Now the burning issues are :-

1 - I have a friend that has a spare Sky HD box, as he is moving to Virgin. Would I be able to use this instead of my Sky+ box....i.e would Sky allow me to do this???, ( the Sky+ box is my Multiroom subscription)

Yes they should do, you'd have to ring them to get the new box paired to the existing viewing card, so it would be worth telling them that it's an HD box going in.

2 - If they did allow me to do this, would I have to pay for a second HD subscription?, to watch football in HD???

Not any more no, Sky dropped the additional HD charges starting from September, so now the £10 covers the whole house, regardless of how many HD boxes you have.

Cofnchtr

Oct 4, 2007
Visit site
Hi,

You could upgrade to a 1TB box for £49 if you took an additional multiroom subscription. If your current multiroom is out of contract (over a year old) you can cancel that so would in effect be paying the same as you do now with the luxury of a new 1TB box instead of a 2nd hand one.

Would mean you are committing to a further year to SKY though but that's not too high a price to pay?? :)

Cheers,

Cofnchtr.

David Hunter

Nov 22, 2008
Visit site
I'm thinking about doing the same thing my query is does the HD box need extra cableling? or does the existing sky+ box cableling work with HD.

David Hunter

Nov 22, 2008
Visit site
|( Bought new HD box to replace Sky+ box from db the digibox shop,Wimborne. Delivery first class,Goods first class.Phoned Sky for set up procedure only to be told the HD box had been registered against another Sky customer. I was advised to go back to the supplier who only receives telephone messages between 9.30am and 4.00pm Monday to Friday, however i have sent an e-mail asking for an explanation of the problem. This being Friday i doubt i can do anything until Monday at the earliest.I wonder if anyone else has had this problem.As you can imagine i am frustrated.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts