admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Just a quick question regarding sky hd. I have sky plus and when i contacted sky they told me i had to have a new satelite dish installed to recieve hd. I have read the threads and ge tthe impression that this is not accurate and all you need to do is by a sky hd box off the internet and change over yourself.

Is this correct. Also is there any difference between the thomson sky hd box (300gb) and the sky hd box (160gb) apart from the obvious memory difference.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
AFAIK the same dish is used for both - we certainly didn't have a dish change when we upgraded at home, but we did have a change of LNB, not least to allow us to keep running the old Sky+ box in another room.

Also AFAIK there's only one Sky HD box, which is made by Thomson. It has a 300GB hard disk in it, but half of this is partitioned off for 'push' services such as Sky Anytime, leaving the remaining 160GB for consumer recordings.

A

Anonymous

Thanks Andrew. Can you clarify what is meant by LNB.

I have normal sky in another room. I guess I can use the sky+ box for the other room just not watch 1 channel while recording another

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Low Noise Block-downconverter. The doodad at the centre of the dish, out on an arm so it faces the dish. It's what receives the signals focused onto it by the dish, and converts them down to a signal to feed to the receiver box.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts