admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Just purchased sky+HD from skys and installed ok.

Then I noticed it was not the new box it was the old HD box not the sky+HD box as advertised and purchased.

Anyone else had this problem and had it resolved?? I have tried resolving the problem over the phone but just get transferred to different departments with the same numpties not having a clue. Emailed and no reply back yet

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Sky has only recently rebranded Sky HD as Sky+ HD - and that's all it is, a rebranding exercise. Box and service remains the same (if now slightly cheaper).

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the help Clare. How will the update come onto the box?? I presume it will be via the telephone line?

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Yes, it'll be updated when your box is inactive. They say they're going to send out loads of user info ahead of time - both in the Sky mag and via leaflets etc - and once the process has started it'll take a couple of weeks to update all users. So some lucky Sky+HD users will be reaping the benefits before others...

A

Anonymous

So you all know the new Boxes are missing HD Analogue component video , The guy told me that they are trying to stop people rippy the Movies and then posting them online.

Andy Grange

Aug 2, 2007
Visit site
Clare Newsome:Yes, it'll be updated when your box is inactive. They say they're going to send out loads of user info ahead of time - both in the Sky mag and via leaflets etc - and once the process has started it'll take a couple of weeks to update all users. So some lucky Sky+HD users will be reaping the benefits before others...

Sky have already rolled out the new HD EPG to some of it's employees. The engineer who fitted my HD was talking to me about it, reckons it's useless compared to the current EPG. Apparently it's alot more cluttered and not as intuitive, with many more presses of the buttons for simple tasks.

A

Anonymous

Andy - How noisy is the fan on your box ? Trying to work out if my new box is faulty !

Thanks

Andy Grange

Aug 2, 2007
Visit site
Not very. If I turn everything off you can hear a background hum, but that's just the hard drive. I guess it's a little louder than a normal hard drive in a desktop, nothing more.

To be honest our old Sky + box which we moved upstairs into the bedroom is noisier than the HD box.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts