Sky+ HD Favourite Channels...

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi there!!!

Last weekend Sky HD was installed in my house in Ireland. I can´t wait to watch F1 in HD.

I´m really impressed with the quality of the HD channels but I don´t understand how to properly work with the favourite channels.

It really annoys me that I´m not able to delete channels that I don´t subscribe to, so then i added my favourite channels to the EPG.

Now I have to press the blue button which allows me to access the EPG of the favourite channels on the screen but it doesn´t let me flick through these channels.

Is there a way to actually do that? Would a programmable remote control allow me to do this?

Excuse my poor English and hopefully I made myself clear.

Your help is really appreciated! Many thanks!!!!

sc1

Sep 4, 2008
Visit site
Pressing the blue button once should bring up in the information window the previous channel you were watching, pressing it again (either hold down or press repeatedly) should then bring up each favourite channel in turn from low to high numbers

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
There is but I know what the OP means, you can't tell the box to only show Favourite channels and then cycle through those with the arrow buttons like you could on Telewest's boxes a few years ago (I think, pretty sure I used to do that).

A

Anonymous

the_lhc:There is but I know what the OP means, you can't tell the box to only show Favourite channels and then cycle through those with the arrow buttons like you could on Telewest's boxes a few years ago (I think, pretty sure I used to do that).Thanks, the_lhc!

That´s exactly what I mean... I cannot cycle through my favourite channels just by using the "channel up-down button". When you press the blue button repeatedly you can actually have the information available in your favourite channels but you cannot cycle through them.

I used to have Chorus and this was a really simple task. I had an "A list" with all the channels and a "B list" with only my favourite ones. I cannot understand that with such a high-tech box this cannot be accomplished.

Thanks to everybody that replied and please let me know if there´s a way around this...

Cofnchtr

Oct 4, 2007
Visit site
Hi,

Not sure I understand what you are trying to achieve?

Do you want to physically change channel to each of your favourite channels in turn? Use the 'favourites' tab in the guide - with 'mini tv' you can see what's on each channel as you scroll down the list and select each in turn.

The blue button shows your favourite channels and what is showing on each as you cycle through via the infobar. See something you like? Push the select button to change to that channel. Quicker than changing to each channel in turn?

Cheers,

Cofnchtr.

A

Anonymous

Cofnchtr:Hi,Not sure I understand what you are trying to achieve?Do you want to physically change channel to each of your favourite channels in turn? Use the 'favourites' tab in the guide - with 'mini tv' you can see what's on each channel as you scroll down the list and select each in turn.The blue button shows your favourite channels and what is showing on each as you cycle through via the infobar. See something you like? Push the select button to change to that channel. Quicker than changing to each channel in turn?Cheers,Cofnchtr.

Hi Cofnchtr,

Thanks for the reply.

I don´t think you quite understood what I mean... Even if I use the "favourites" tab within the TV guide, I need to use the "up and down arrows" and then press "select" if I want to to watch what´s on a specific channel on my list.

This is what I mean:

While watching a channel, I would like to be able to just press the press the "+ - channel" button on the remote and cycle through my favourite channels. I don´t want to see channels that I am not subscribed to or the ones not on my favourite list.

Cheers!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts