Sky HD & Dolby Digital Again! Help!

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I know this has been done many times before but searching the forums I cant find the answer I am looking for.

I am trying to get dolby digital from my Sky HD box, and have it connected via optical cable and dolby digital enabled in the Sky Menu. Whenever I am watching a broadcast which is broadcast with either the DS (Digital surround) or DD (dolby digital) label in the tv guide I still dont think I am getting dolby digital through my amp.

My amp scrolls Linear PCM 48 across the front, and the two surround speaker boxes on the front of the display, just show empty boxes like [] , whereas when I watch a blu-ray these have [SL] or[SR] and the blue light comes on on the top of the amp.

So what am I doing wrong with the sky? Or is linear PCM 48 as good as it gets? Do you think I am only getting sound through my HDMI cable, if so I cant find the setting on the amp to set the satellite input to receive audio from the optical and video via HDMI.

Also what the difference between programs broadcast in DS or DD?

My Amp is a Sony STR-DA2400ES if that helps

Please help, this has been driving me crazy for weeks!!

A

Anonymous

Hello mate,

You need to press the input mode button on the remote control. This will select either hdmi (auto) sound in, optical or analog, obviously you need optical.

Hope that helps mate.

Neil.

f1only

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
The difference between Ds & DD, is DS is Dolby Stereo, if you have a cinema mode on your amp you can create a pseudo surround out of this.

DD is Dolby Digital this is, or should be 5.1 surround

Regards...

davejberry

Mar 29, 2009
Visit site
your amp is seeing the sound from the HDMI cable, change the input selection to one of the optical (or coaxial if your HD box has it) in the menus or like mentioned above, select the alternate input using the button on the remote

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts