Sky HD boxes

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Reading the forum's over several months I have noticed a distinct problem with some Sky HD being fitted,whereby when problems arise,Sky only replace with reconditioned boxes.Has the problem now been sorted with a more efficient box. If so what is it?

I intend upgrading from Sky+ to Sky HD in the next few weeks,and don't wish to be "sold a pup" so I would welcome suggestions as to the current Amstrad's or Samsung's lifespan.............Thanks in anticipation

grdunn123

Sep 24, 2007
Visit site
I had a Thomson Hd box installed last August and it worked ok for a while....then there seemed to be problems with it slowing whereby I would punch in a 3 digit channel number which registered on the OSD but it would take about 30 seconds for the channel to actually change. It was the same when accessing the menu resulting in numerous re presses as I thought the remote hadn't worked only to have several commands suddenly registering. This seemed to get worse after the new EPG installed

I got the engineer out last month and he replaced the box with a brand new Samsung box which so far has worked flawlessly albeit with the old EPG....hope this helps

A

Anonymous

To grdunn123, Many thanks,I'll know what to ask for if the engineer tries to pass off something else. regards Shep

A

Anonymous

Shep:

I intend upgrading from Sky+ to Sky HD in the next few weeks,and don't wish to be "sold a pup" so I would welcome suggestions as to the current Amstrad's or Samsung's lifespan.............Thanks in anticipation

If you are looking to upgrade to HD you might want to pre-register with Sky asap. I was given a three month estimate when I first registered! It took around 6 weeks in the end, which isn't as bad but still quite a wait for such a quick installation.

fizban_UK

Jun 11, 2008
Visit site
It does beg the question why Sky feel the need to charge £30 for installation if you already have a Sky+ box being replaced, when all that is needed is to disconnect one box and connect the other - i can do that myself as i doubt any Sky engineer will connect up to my receiver so i'd end changing connectors anyway.

Just send me the box and i'll do it myself without your engineers passing my details on to replacement warranty companies who bug you every 5 minutes to take out their "superior" service.

shado

Aug 22, 2008
Visit site
It has taken Sky 4 months to replace my Pace HD Box with a Samsung version but they are busy down in the South West with the Digital Transfer Timetable. New customers can have a free Sky Plus box once they subscribe in this region.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts