Sky HD box - sound problem

JamesOK

May 24, 2008
Visit site
Hi all,

I have a Sky HD box and am using the optical output into my surround sound system for dolby digital. Its setup correctly in the system setup screen and works fine delivering the surround sound for about 10 minutes. However after 10 minutes or so, clicking sounds can be heard over the top of the soundtrack and then the sound stops and instead I get a horrible screaching sound through all speakers.

Ive not contacted Sky about this yet, as I am wondering whether anyone else has experienced this problem, or could shed some light on what could be causing it? I'm hoping its not a faulty box.

Thanks

James.

A

Anonymous

Try changing the cable or switch to the HDMI delivered stereo sound and see if the problem still occurs. Do you have other multi channel sound inputs? (DVD etc) Do they work correctly? If so, the amp is probably working properly. So if its not the cable or the amp, it could be the sky box. Alternatively, your system may be possessed and you need help from someone who knows more about it than me!

JamesOK

May 24, 2008
Visit site
Mark111:Try changing the cable or switch to the HDMI delivered stereo sound and see if the problem still occurs. Do you have other multi channel sound inputs? (DVD etc) Do they work correctly? If so, the amp is probably working properly. So if its not the cable or the amp, it could be the sky box. Alternatively, your system may be possessed and you need help from someone who knows more about it than me!

Hi Mark,

Yes I do have other multi channel inputs, Blu Ray and Xbox. They both work ok, so I fear its the box!

James.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts