Sky HD box saying no Phoneline connected

D.J.KRIME

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
My Sky Hd box has suddenly started saying in the System menu that the phoneline is not connected yet it is conected to the phoneline. Nothing has been touched in respect of the actual conecions so why the sudden change in phoneline status on the box?
emotion-7.gif

Cofnchtr

Oct 4, 2007
Visit site
Hi,

Perhaps the in-built modem has broken?

Try removing then reconnecting the telephone cable.

Wouldn't worry about it unless you watch PPV/interactive material.

Cheers,

Cofnchtr.

daveh75

D.J.KRIME:My Sky Hd box has suddenly started saying in the System menu that the phoneline is not connected yet it is conected to the phoneline. Nothing has been touched in respect of the actual conecions so why the sudden change in phoneline status on the box?
emotion-7.gif
It's not uncommon for the modem's to pack up, however i would check all the connections first.Especially if your STB isnt plugged directly into a proper phone socket and the Sky engineer had to run cabling from your nearest phone socket to the STB because the connector's Sky supply and use are of notoriously poor design/build.

D.J.KRIME

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
daveh75:D.J.KRIME:My Sky Hd box has suddenly started saying in the System menu that the phoneline is not connected yet it is conected to the phoneline. Nothing has been touched in respect of the actual conecions so why the sudden change in phoneline status on the box?
emotion-7.gif
It's not uncommon for the modem's to pack up, however i would check all the connections first.Especially if your STB isnt plugged directly into a proper phone socket and the Sky engineer had to run cabling from your nearest phone socket to the STB because the connector's Sky supply and use are of notoriously poor design/build.

It is wired into a extension cable that I wired up, but my ADSL router is also plugged into the same extension and that is working fine so things would point towards the internal modem. Is this easy to replace?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts