Sky HD box in a different location to the TV it feeds...

MrW

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone have experience of remote/HDMI/another IR sender, that works?!

Currently using the Sky + app for iOS, but it's not ideal

Also thinking of sending signal from Sky HD box to 4 other TV's, all in HD, is there a solution that also carries the IR signal?

rs6mra

Jan 12, 2009
Visit site
I think you might have to elaborate on what exactly you are ultimately trying to achieve. Having read your post a couple of times i am still uncertain as to what you want.

Send Sky HD to 4 other boxes in HD would mean that you would have to do it via HDMI or over Cat 5e.

To enable you to change the channels whilst you are in either of the rooms, your options are the Sky+ app (not ideal also in my view) or via an IR link attached to each TV via a coax link from a set amplifier with IR/loft box with the use of the RF2 output on the box enabling you to do this. It goes without saying that you will only be able to watch the same channel in each room.

daveh75

MrW said:
Also thinking of sending signal from Sky HD box to 4 other TV's, all in HD, is there a solution that also carries the IR signal?

Yes. If its just for a single source (i.e just Sky) then a 1x4 HDMI over cat5/6 splitter with IR would do the trick, they aren't cheap though.

http://www.hdconnectivity.com/hdmi-splitter/1x4-hdmi-over-cat6-splitter.html

If its for multiple sources, then you're looking at Matrixes, but you need very deep pockets...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts