Sky+, Dolby Digital

Dermondo

Oct 4, 2009
Visit site
Hi, all, I recently had Sky+ installed over here in the Rep. of Ireland, Sky packages Knowledge & Variety subscribed.

I have the box connected to my AV amp via a optical cable.

The question I have is when I listen to a program indicated as broadcasted in DD it is not trasmitted in DD, but when a program indicated as DD in Sky anytime, hey presto it works, anyone any ideas about this, as Sky haven't a clue gave me some story about technical difficulties and that it will be worked out in the future, many thanks in advance to all who reply.

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Dermondo:
Hi, all, I recently had Sky+ installed over here in the Rep. of Ireland, Sky packages Knowledge & Variety subscribed.

I have the box connected to my AV amp via a optical cable.

The question I have is when I listen to a program indicated as broadcasted in DD it is not trasmitted in DD, but when a program indicated as DD in Sky anytime, hey presto it works, anyone any ideas about this, as Sky haven't a clue gave me some story about technical difficulties and that it will be worked out in the future, many thanks in advance to all who reply.

When you say it's not broadcast in DD, do you mean DD 5.1? There are a lot of programmes that are broadcast in DD 2.0. If you are talking about the same show/film on Anytime and normal broadcast, that is strange. Most modern films on Sky are broadcast in 5.1 and if you use optical, you should get that. Just as a check, do you have in your settings, "Digital" selected in the audio options?

Sorreltiger

Apr 22, 2008
Visit site
Have you set your amp to accept audio via optical for this input? That setting also needs to be saved on some amps (Yamaha Sound Input select to "last", for example) or it may revert back to HDMI.

Dermondo

Oct 4, 2009
Visit site
Yeah all the settings are correctly set up on either side, for example on sky anytime there was a program think it was Fringe broadcast in the full DD 5.1 and coming through fine on amp speakers etc., but when I recorded it and listened to the recording no 5.1 DD sound, that's the puzzler.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts