Sky HD Dolby Digital with Denon 1911 amp

adp72uk

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
When watching Dolby Digital broadcasts from Sky, my amp doesn't show DD being received on the display panel, instead it shows Pl II C, same as for non DD broadcasts.

My Sky box is connected with a digital lead and all the output settings appear to be correct, do I have settings wrong on the amp or is the display reading as it should??

I don't have a problem when using either my Blu Ray or DVD players, the display shows DD HD, DTS HD, DTS etc depending on the disc.

Can anyone please shed some light?

Lee H

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
When you say digital lead, do you mean HDMI? If so...

First thing to check is that you have the output on the Sky box set correctly, audio out should be Dolby D. Then, bear in mind that most programming doesn't use Dolby for sound. Look for "DD" in the letters in the programme info box on the planner.

You then need to set the input up on the 1911 that your sky box goes in to. I can't remember how I did mine (helpful isn't it) and I'm at work so can't check.

adp72uk

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
Was a bit vague wasn't I, rushing as at work you see!

I've an HDMI lead into the back of the amp taking care of the picture and a co-axial into the amp taking care of the sound.

The audio ouput from the Sky box is set to Dolby Digital (which I believe tells the box to switch output to the co-ax rather than HDMI)and I can't from memory remember there being any additional audio setting options on the Sky box.

A

Anonymous

What channel are u watching?

For example Sky Sport News will give 2 channel pcm, wheres Sky Sports News HD will give u 2 channel DD.

micks_address

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
have you pressed the 'input' button on the 1911's remote and choosen 'Digital' as the input for audio? If its on 'Auto' it will still pick up the audio from the HDMI which will be 2.0 only

Cheers,

mick

adp72uk

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
Mick you've cracked it for me, cheers.

I found the audio input select within the (***) menu, changed it from auto to digital and now it's behaving exactly as I thought it should.

TRENDING THREADS