May 24, 2016
Visit site
Hello. Advice needed please. I think my Sky HD box which I have had for a long time is faulty. They sell sky HD boxes at my local cash converters. Can I simply buy one and install it to replace mine.....Also if I bought a new box from Sky would it be a better picture?
sad_smile.gif

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

Darren Rochell said:
Hello. Advice needed please. I think my Sky HD box which I have had for a long time is faulty. They sell sky HD boxes at my local cash converters. Can I simply buy one and install it to replace mine.....Also if I bought a new box from Sky would it be a better picture?

How Long have you been with Sky?

If it's more than 3 or 4 years, I would ring them and ask them nicely for a new box. They don't have to give you one, but if your firm, but polite, the chances are you'll either get a new one, or, get one at a reduced rate.

Remember, they want you to stay more than you think they do, so you can always call their bluff, and threaten to leave if you don't get a new box, after all, what's the point in paying for a service with nothing to view it on?

jjbomber

Darren Rochell said:

Yes you can. You then go on the internet to pair your card to the new box. DO NOT pay their expensive rip off phone number (unless you are with Sky for your phone) to pair the box. It is easy to do online.

More importantly, do not pay full price for Sky. You have to phone to cancel, saying you are going to BT, Virgin, anything. They will offer you around 30% discount to stay with them on a new 12 month contract. If you play poker and have a stone face, go through with the cancellation and in 3 or 4 days time they will phone you up with a 50% discount, again with a new contract. That is a bargain.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts