Sky Anytime Plus for Non-Sky Broadband Subscribers has gone Active Today!

Tom Moreno

Nov 30, 2008
Visit site
As the title says, it's gone active. We're watching a kids show right now over my BT Infinity connection and the program buffered for all of 5 seconds before we could start viewing.

Prof999

Feb 10, 2008
Visit site
Many thanks for spotting this. Just signed up - ignored the statement on the My Sky web pages that said I needed a sky broadband account - and Anytime+ was almost instantly available.

Prof999

Feb 10, 2008
Visit site
Many thanks for spotting this. Just signed up - ignored the statement on the My Sky web pages that said I needed a sky broadband account - and Anytime+ was almost instantly available.

bigblue235

Aug 22, 2007
Visit site
Strange, I spoke to Sky this morning and all they could say was it was likely to be this month or next.

When I had a look the other day it stopped me processing it as I didn't have Sky broadband, doesn't do that today obviously. Haven't activated it yet as I have Sky Go on 360 currently and I don't use it that much.

whiteyav

Feb 6, 2009
Visit site
I completed the order on the website about 30 minutes ago, but it's not working yet on my sky box. Does it take a while to start working?

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
whiteyav said:
I completed the order on the website about 30 minutes ago, but it's not working yet on my sky box. Does it take a while to start working?

Took no more than about 2 minutes for me last night, you should get two emails to the registered address?

Lee H

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
whiteyav said:

Stupid question; you've plugged an ethernet cable in to your Sky+ box haven't you?

whiteyav

Feb 6, 2009
Visit site
yes ethernet cable plugged in ,finds my network ok but say FAIL on network service connection. I use a business ISP called Star, might be something to do with that? Yes I got the 2 emails. Does the router need certain settings?

Wightknight

Jul 29, 2007
Visit site
Thank you. I was suffering the same "network fail" problem and couldn't find a solution.

Turning everything off and then back on again cured it. It is all up and running now.

ianr23gp

Feb 5, 2008
Visit site
On a slightly different topic, I'm currently looking at changing broadband ISP and was wondering what sort of broadband speeds I'll need to use the Sky Anytime + service without suffering from any buffering / judder?

ianr23gp

Feb 5, 2008
Visit site
Thanks Lee. However, I'm assuming you must have a certain speed to make sure that you don't have to wait for more than a few seconds before the box starts playing your stream?

I don't mind paying for a premium service but I can get O2 broadband upto 20MB for approx £2.08 per month (as I've been an O2 mobile customer for over 2 years). I'm wondering if that will be fast enough or whether I need to bite the bullet and pay for BT or Virgin Media superfast broadband.

Lee H

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
Waaaaaaaaaaaay fast enough. I get about 6Mbps at home and was watching a movie last night within 30 seconds to a minute

ianr23gp

Feb 5, 2008
Visit site
Excellent!!!! Thanks for the reply - even if I only get half the 20MB speed it looks as if I'll be enjoying streamed media for months to come :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts