Six days in

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Playing the PCM II is going well. Doesn't half feel strange playing CDs after all this time though. Bit of a faff having to literally dig out the CDs and not just scroll through a list. But it does make it more of an 'experience' like playing records.

MajorFubar said:
Playing the PCM II is going well. Doesn't half feel strange playing CDs after all this time though. Bit of a faff having to literally dig out the CDs and not just scroll through a list. But it does make it more of an 'experience' like playing records.

Except you don't have to get up to flip it over..... :)

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Forgot to say that two days in I thought I had a fault: couple of my older CDs were skipping on some tracks (Changing Faces by 10cc, Graceland by Paul Simon, both bought in 1987). This was cured by cleaning the optics with a cotton-bud lightly moistened with isopropyl alcohol, so I guess the laser was just dusty!

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Ten days in and I'm still liking the alternative presentation this old deck gives to my system.
Only trouble is I find the HRT II+ DAC a bit sharp by comparison (even through my RS180 headphones, so the Cyrus amp is not to blame here) and I can see me at some point on the look-out for a DAC with a similar presentation to the Mission CD player. If I had just slightly more technical wherewithal I'm sure it would be possible to rig-up a coaxial-in and link the computer and CD player together with an optical to coax converter. But in terms of pulling kit apart and rigging-up mods, my knowledge stops short of digital.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts