Site is slow again.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
What the hell is going on with this site currently?

Never known it to be so slow!

On both Firefox and Safari its painful; even tried clearing the cache/cookies etc and it makes no difference

It either takes ages for the forums to load; takes ages to open a post or takes ages to reply to a thread and if you open the forum on another tab; even though the original page is still loading you can see in the new page on the new tab that its loaded and been replied to!

C'mon guys... Get it sorted ;)

If youre struggling I know so bloomin' good Developers :D

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
chebby said:
Have they come back with anything yet?

Had a convo with our Senior Product Manager responsible for digital things, and he tells me a table in the site database has corrupted, causing it to increase to many times the size it should be – hence the slowdown. A fix is being worked on, which should hopefully speed things up, I'm told.

In the meantime, ongoing apologies – we are very much in the hands of the people with pens in their top pockets on this one.

Dougal1331

Dec 30, 2007
Visit site
The_Lhc said:
chebby said:
Andy Clough said:
I have raised this issue with our technical team and pointed them to this thread.

That was a week ago.

Yes. Doughnuts.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Can't access the site at all through Chrome today- gave up after "waiting for www.whathifi.com..." for over a minute then getting a 404 error. Switched to Firefox and all seems funky again. Obviously others are having problems with other browsers too, so this is a bit of a weird issue...

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Andrew Everard said:
chebby said:

Had a convo with our Senior Product Manager responsible for digital things, and he tells me a table in the site database has corrupted, causing it to increase to many times the size it should be – hence the slowdown. A fix is being worked on, which should hopefully speed things up, I'm told.

In the meantime, ongoing apologies – we are very much in the hands of the people with pens in their top pockets on this one.

Thanks.

D

Deleted member 2457

What is the problem with the website? I am on iPad 2. It is very slow, my posts get deleted halfway through.

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
Yes, it was painfully slow earlier I agree (I'm trying to post stories from my room at the Bristol Show, with some difficulty), but it seems to have speeded up again.

D

Deleted member 2457

Andy Clough said:
Yes, it was painfully slow earlier I agree (I'm trying to post stories from my room at the Bristol Show, with some difficulty), but it seems to have speeded up again.

Yep, it is getting a bit better again now, are there glitches or something? And that is what causes posts to be deleted while you are posting?

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
Don't know what's causing posts to be deleted, won't be able to do anything about that right now I'm afraid as we're all at the Bristol Show until Sunday night. Sorry. Speed may be due to some of the ads loading, but will need to investigate further.

D

Deleted member 2457

Andy Clough said:
Don't know what's causing posts to be deleted, won't be able to do anything about that right now I'm afraid as we're all at the Bristol Show until Sunday night. Sorry. Speed may be due to some of the ads loading, but will need to investigate further.

Excellent - thanks.

A

Anonymous

Not just this weekend, site is always so slooooooooooooowww to load up pages. I get a reliable 30mb and have no problem with anyother sites.

woodster

Jun 24, 2007
Visit site
cloverleaf146 said:
Not just this weekend, site is always so slooooooooooooowww to load up pages. I get a reliable 30mb and have no problem with anyother sites.

Maybe some Leftie pinko are tampering with your connection, or maybe Mr Campbell is too blame here also!

toyota man

Apr 22, 2009
Visit site
woodster said:
cloverleaf146 said:

Maybe some Leftie pinko are tampering with your connection, or maybe Mr Campbell is too blame here also!
is that quote from falling down?.I had such a slow day yesterday on this site I gave up

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts