Single channel speaker delay. Help.

pogologo

Dec 25, 2014
Visit site
I hope someomemcan help. I have arcam solo from new for about 6 months. It has been fine, but it seems to have developed an echo (a delay) through one of the speakers (2.0 setup).

Anyone have any idea why this would be? Happens on all sources. Speaker cables all right and secure etc.

Thanks

pogologo said:
I hope someomemcan help. I have arcam solo from new for about 6 months. It has been fine, but it seems to have developed an echo (a delay) through one of the speakers (2.0 setup).

Anyone have any idea why this would be? Happens on all sources. Speaker cables all right and secure etc.

Thanks

Very odd. Send it back under warranty.

D

Deleted member 160668

Send it back... Arcam warranty is really good...

You will be covered by 5yr repair or replace warranty (I know this as I had a recent issue with my A29 amp). You might need to register it with Arcam first if you haven’t already done this. Should be a leaflet in box with website to do this on

Takes about two weeks and it’ll be back and fully operational again. Good luck!

jimmy1 said:
I had the same problem but it turned out id wired one speaker out of phase.

gives the same echo/reverb effect
That’s a good shout! I’d been scratching my head on this until now.

If the op switches the wires to just one speaker there should be more bass and no hollow effect, if that’s the cause.

The only proviso is he said it developed, which is more puzzling. I’d wondered if there was a cinema setting with delay options, but I’m not familiar with the Solo.

jimmy1

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
nopiano said:
jimmy1 said:
I had the same problem but it turned out id wired one speaker out of phase.

gives the same echo/reverb effect
That’s a good shout! I’d been scratching my head on this until now.

If the op switches the wires to just one speaker there should be more bass and no hollow effect, if that’s the cause.

The only proviso is he said it developed, which is more puzzling. I’d wondered if there was a cinema setting with delay options, but I’m not familiar with the Solo.

Yes its strange fault to just develop on its own but i dont know anything about the solo neither.

Strictly Stereo

Jan 29, 2018
Visit site
pogologo said:

Thanks

How bizarre. Is it a delay or an echo? How much of a delay and how loud is the echo relative to the original sound (best estimate)?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts