Simaudio Moon 300D DAC or Wyred-4-Sound DAC-1??

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
I know that someone on here recently bought the Moon DAC and I noticed another forum member has the W4S DAC in his bio. Anyone else listened to these two? I will not be able to test against each other but could get the Moon DAC on home trial. I've read a review online with the reviewer favouring the W4S DAC and another absolutely raving over the Moon. I have a Moon amp but the Moon DAC is a few hundred quid more expensive... Hayelp!

A

Anonymous

I would guess that the W4S would be slightly better because of its reputation and because it doesn't have the prestige/status/brand overhead of Simaudio. But best would be to try them out, you can probably get a demo from http://www.itemaudio.co.uk/wyred_dac1.html

basshound

Sep 23, 2007
Visit site
Hi Gerrard,sorry for the delay in posting impressions of the Moon 300D but I only recieved it yesterday due to a backlog in deliveries. So obviously very early yet as Moon say it needs 400 Hrs running in before it`s at its best (slightly sceptical there),how could you compare over such a long period anyway?
I am pretty impressed with the Moon straightaway,there is more separation around the individual instruments and greater detail than my previous Beresford,bass seems clearer and more tuneful. Must just mention that I have moved from iTunes to J River Media Centre as my player and tweaked some settings so this probably has had an effect also.I have no knowledge of the Wyred-4-Sound Dac but would say either will be a step up from the dacmagic.If the W4S dac is as good or nearly as good as the Moon for a fair bit less it must be a contender.
Get the Moon on home trial as you say and I think you will be hard pressed to return it!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts