Sighted tests -v- blind tests

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Paul.

jcbrum said:
Just checked the same two words on AVI forum and Pink Fish, and the spell checker works ok there. Weired ;)

Mac user? This forum does screw with my spellchecker. I have to right click check spelling and do it manually, don't get underlines.

J

jcbrum

Paul. said:
jcbrum said:
Just checked the same two words on AVI forum and Pink Fish, and the spell checker works ok there. Weired ;)

Mac user? This forum does screw with my spellchecker. I have to right click check spelling and do it manually, don't get underlines.

Yes. (Safari). I've just reset the spell check dictionaries, and found out there is a separate 'Australian English' dictionary as well. Watch out lemon !

JC

steve_1979

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
Paul. said:
The_Lhc said:
I HATE CATSES!!

Now in my head everything you say sounds like smeagol. Can't be unheard (imaginatively speaking).

:grin:

Do any of the other characters on this forum have specific voices in your head?

After a joke we had on the AVI forum a while ago I now hear Ashley James with the voice of Father Ted and Maxflinn as Father Dougal. Occasionally JCBrum sounds like Father Jack too. As you say - once it's been heard it can't be unheard.

T

the record spot

Danger, these people could make your speakers...

220px-Characters_of_Father_Ted.jpg

Steve, are you adept at offering nice cups of tea? :)

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
steve_1979 said:
Do any of the other characters on this forum have specific voices in your head?

JD - John Rebus (Ken Stott)

the record spot - Lauder Strickland (As played by Bill Paterson in BBC version of 'Smiley's People')

Andrew - Capt. Mainwaring (Arthur Lowe)

PP - 'Keith' (Roger Sloman in Mike Leigh's film 'Nuts in May')

The_Lhc - Phil Harding (Time Team)

Drummerman - Kenny Everett (As 'Cupid Stunt')

JCBrum - Harry Enfield (As Stan Herbert in the 'Considerably Richer Than You' sketches.)

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
byakuya83 said:
The-Lhc, please try not to make yourself look like more of an idiot than you already do.

Oh, I think you'll find I don't need to try my friend!

Erm, hang on a minute...

Anyway, good to see you've completely missed (or ignored) my point. Do you enjoy cat herding by any chance?

A

Anonymous

manicm said:
Not being pondside I'm actually not familiar with the series no.

It's from late 70's early eighties starring the very funny bbc radio 1 dj Kenny Everett

Brilliant in his time and sadly missed

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
Anyone up for a "Sighted vs Blind Drunk test" on hifi.....or wine? You wouldn't know what you might then hear. :twisted:

A

Anonymous

CnoEvil said:
Anyone up for a "Sighted vs Blind Drunk test" on hifi.....or wine? You wouldn't know what you might then hear. :twisted:

Do that most nights but sounds good if your buying

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
andybeau said:
CnoEvil said:

So that's what your name is short for............AndyBeaujolais. :dance:

Now it all makes sense. :grin:

:cheers:

A

Anonymous

CnoEvil said:
andybeau said:
CnoEvil said:

So that's what your name is short for............AndyBeaujolais. :dance:

Now it all makes sense. :grin:

:cheers:

Shhhhh don't tell everyone.

Haven't been over to ireland for a few years maybe I should take some time out to do it

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts